+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2005

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    ^huh?^
    gotta love Vince Young leading what? "based on an espn expert's poll"??

i think when the real experts submit their votes, we'll once again see that household names win Heismans, and here in the southeast and in the northeast Vince Young is not a household name. Vince needs more TV time if he is to win it. Texas has been on TV once this season here. I'm a college football junkie and i've only seen a few highlights.

i've been waiting to throw out my ROLL TIDE ROLL... #3, waiting in the wings... though without Prothro, the next 3 weeks (LSU, Auburn, and SEC Champ) may be an extremely large hurdle...
    He is in our house. He is in the state of Texas. I would even bet he is a household name with all the players of USC and Oklahoma. Regardless if he wins the Heisman or not he is a superb athlete and nobody can deny that. If he loses, it will not be because they didn't know his name.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Well, no one answered my question as to why Clemson vs. Carolina was slated for pay per view only- but for anyone who cares- the game WILL be on ESPN! I am sure that most of you football fans don't know or care, but for a native South Carolinian, this is THE game of the year for us! Go Tigers!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    Drive, drive on down the field
    Men of Scarlet and Gray
    Don't let them through the line
    We have to win this game today
    Smash through to victory
    We cheer you as we go
    Our honor defend
    We will fight to the end
    For Ohio
    STATE!

Hmmm--for some reason, my rabies is acting up and the colors yellow and blue give me a rash. Must be time for THE GAME!
    Heh... this is the one time of the year where I bleed red and white. I have a coworker that's blackmailing me.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    there is only one IRON BOWL! ALABAMA- auburn (war chicken u) in a state that has absolutely no other professional sports teams to cheer for... this is the game of the year!
    roll tide roll...

How 'bout them Buckeyes! Beating Michigan in the final seconds for a share of the Big Ten title. They're enjoying it here in Columbus.
    Being a transplanted Tennessean the game that floored me was Vanderbilt beating Tennessee. I grew up in Nashville and that game is usually billed as "The Battle of Tennessee." Usually Tennesse wins. Big victory for the Commodores!

How 'bout them Buckeyes!

I'm getting too old to watch these cliffhangers. The team came through eventually, but on the second punt fumble, I was reaching for de-fib paddles.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

That Ohio State/Michigan state game was awesome! I may have to watch the repeat on ESPN classic this week!

That Reggie Bush of USC is freaking awesome!! I love Vince Young, but I don't know if anyone can beat Reggie Bush for the Heisman ...

FORT Newbie
    Anyone that missed the USC Fresno State game missed a great one. As much as I can't stand USC, Bush was great.

Premium Member
    Nebraska beat Colorado today. Nobody thought we could pull it off, all year we've been saying they would kick our butts. The Colorado fans were throwing so much crap on the field that the refs gave the whole student section the Q-boot.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melitta View Post
    He is in our house. He is in the state of Texas. I would even bet he is a household name with all the players of USC and Oklahoma. Regardless if he wins the Heisman or not he is a superb athlete and nobody can deny that. If he loses, it will not be because they didn't know his name.
    He is here in Nebraska too. We have to play you guys next year, so you can bet he's being talked about. He's kicking a$$ today in the Big 12 Championship game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast