+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: US Open 2005

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Roddick is out!
    Don't hold back, AIWANNABE - tell us how you really feel! He went down fast didn't he? I never thought he had a chance this year anyway - he's been off his game all year.

dberk - as far as I know, Lindsay is playing this year. I think she's put retirement on hold for a while, in light of how well she's been playing lately.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree, I saw Lindsay today, and if her fitness holds up, I think she has an awesome chance, her serves and groundstrokes look great.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Namaste
    I agree, I saw Lindsay today, and if her fitness holds up, I think she has an awesome chance, her serves and groundstrokes look great.
    Unfortunately, I think she'll choke in the finals or semi's again, and same thing for Cljsters and Mauresmo. I see either Venus, Maria or Henin taking it. Serena, I don't think is physically fit yet.

Great match on right now between Jenkins and Nadal. Jenkins is ranked in the two or three hundreds while Nadal is ranked two. Nadal won the first two sets, but they were close, 6-4, 7-5.

I am calling foul on the second set though. Score is 5-5, Jenkins serving, 30-0. Ball is in, called out, replay confirmed it was in, but the score went to 30-15 and Nadal took the game. Next game score is 0-40, and Nadal wins the next 5 points to take the set.

After this match and Serena's matches in the last couple of Open's they really need to introduce a challenging of calls, similar to football where the umpire can watch the replay and then make a decision. Players would have about two of these per set.

I am watching that match as well. I am very impressed with Jenkins and admit, he is new to me. And agree with the statement about line calls, one bad call can be the difference in a match. I think they tested replay in team tennis this last summer, but am not sure how successful it was.

I love how it only took a tiny little rain delay for USA to break out tape of the Connors/Krickstein match from 1991! How long will it be before they show the whole match? Seems like we get to see it every year because of the inevitable rain delays. It was a great match (I remember watching it in 1991 - in an airport lounge!) and I still sit through it when they replay it but I still think it's funny how they roll it out every year.

I'm glad Nadal had to work for the win tonight. I hate watching the early rounds sometimes because the top seeds often just blow through their opponents.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was definitely impressed with Jenkins during yesterday's match! However, I'm ecstatic Nadal took the win! Go Nadal, Go! I'd go as far as to bet money on this guy, too bad I'm not a gambling person though haha.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Anybody watching the Blake/Nadal match? Great match. Blake is up two sets to one. I really hope he advances as I really like him, and dislike Nadal.

I am watching that match and rooting for Blake, as well. I don't dislike Nadal in the least...however, after the past two years for Blake, this seems like a match that could really catapult him back into the spotlight. That point to end set three was simply amazing. I love it.

Blake is up a break in fourth set, he can put it away.

Blake wins!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast