+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Pro Pick'em League

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    OK!!! I have made my picks! Thanks for the reminder!
    I hate to tell you this OMLB, but you failed to assign confidence points to your picks which means you'll get no points this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Did I win yet?
    Sorry Nancy, not yet.

I was a little worried there in the first half. I had this as my 16 point game.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 09-09-2005 at 06:29 AM.

I'm still trying to figure out what the confidence points mean. There were no "I'm just guessing" options.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I'm still trying to figure out what the confidence points mean. There were no "I'm just guessing" options.
    Here's an explanation from the Yahoo site:
    Confidence Points are used to give a different weight to each game in a given week. You will assign a point value (from 1 to 15 if there are 15 games, 1 to 14 if there are 14 games, etc.) to each game based on how strongly you feel about the accuracy of your selection. If your selection is correct, you will receive points equal to the confidence-point value you associated with that game.
    So, if you pick Pittsburgh to beat Dallas and assign the game a confidence point value of 15, you would get 15 points for a correct pick, but no points if Dallas wins. You do not lose points for an incorrect selection.

Each week's points will be tallied, and the player finishing with the highest total at the end of the year will be the winner of the group.

Each confidence point value may be used only once per week. So, during a 15-game week, after you have assigned 15 points to a game, your next highest available value is 14 points

I think there should be lots of 1's. I wasn't confident about 90% of my picks.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott

I was a little worried there in the first half. I had this as my 16 point game.
    Me too! Whew.

ZM

I think there should be lots of 1's. I wasn't confident about 90% of my picks.
    I believe you can only assign each confidence point once (per week's picks). So this week there is one 16 c.p. game, one 15, etc. (The number of confidence points available equals the number of games.) Unless I am completely confused -- always a strong possibility.

ZM

This may be the only day of the season that I can be excited about my picks!! We'll see how long it lasts.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    This may be the only time this season that I'll be tied for first since I gave the game last night 16 confidence points, so I'm celebrating now
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Bummer! I forgot to make my picks last night... Guess I'll be playing catch-up all season. Oh well, it'll be even sweeter when I beat you all!!
    Just kidding, of course.

So it looks like no ref guy, bama or Greenie this season? That's almost all of my competition from the last two years! (Just kidding )

There's still plenty of spots left if anyone else wants to play. You'd be a week behind but there's plenty of time to catch up seeing how unpredictable the Pick'em game can be. Someone always seems to blow it in the end.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread