+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Pro Pick'em League

I wasted all my big point picks on really questionable - in hindsight - choices. And it's especially sad, because this was the first week I put any effort into it whatsoever. Although by "effort", I mean I looked at that little link right on the picks page touting the "expert picks". Screw the experts. Jackasses.

It seems I forgot to make any picks. I could have sworn I did make em. Weird.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

You probably did. When I was making mine, I hit submit, and it took me back to the one page you see when you're done. If I hadn't been paying attention, I wouldn't have noticed that it still said "incomplete". Apparently when I clicked the winner of one of the games, it didn't register, so none of the picks were officially submitted at that point. Or something. Hell if I know.

I'm terribly upset. I made my picks last Thursday since I was heading out of town for the weekend. Having had a problem once last year, I always double/triple check my picks by logging back in to make sure they are complete. I logged back in on Thursday after making the picks and again later that evening. Both times, it showed "complete". I came home from vacation today all excited because I knew I had another good weekend and I have 0!!!!! My picks are gone. Something is friggin wrong with this system and I'm pissed.

I have contacted Yahoo about this matter.

Week 4 Standings

Quinn, LT and myself had the highest weekly score with 89 and I've managed to sneak into 1st place.

Rank Pick Set Name Total Pts
    1 Unk's Underdawgs 346
    2 Ilikai's Island Junkheap 334
    3 Amanda's Anathematizers 329
    4 MrDob's Murky Mistakes 326
    5 LT's Leftovers 322
    6 Bored.in.Edmonton 321
    7 Sportsfan23s Texas Twisters 314
    8 seattle moozer tsl20yc 312
    9 Brusch Fußball 308
    10 ZitsPicks 303
    11 Quinns Not the best Guesser 301
    12 Realornot's Rotten Pix 290
    13 DamonsDesperateDemons 289
    14 Cutie's Craptastic Picks 285
    15 JR's Crappy Picks 282
    15 LG's Losing Guesses 282
    17 SQUATMAN's LOSTboys 277
    17 EvaLaruefan 277
    19 joeguy's jokers 275
    20 Orange Crush 266
    21 apple's saucey soothsayers 251
    22 nlmcp 247
    23 Bill's Lousy Picks 240
    24 Amazing gracie 222
    25 Glenna's Uneducated Guesses 205
    26 Tigerusty's Rams 168
    27 Leo's Losers 135

If I had taken Philly like my little Magnum voice was saying, you would have closer competition Unk. Too bad I went with the majority and took KC.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I guess I'm going to have to stop thinking that this is the week for Green Bay! They were so close last night too. I just have such a hard time picking against Brett Favre. I love him. If my husband ever decided to leave me, I'd move to Green Bay just to stalk.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    I guess I'm going to have to stop thinking that this is the week for Green Bay! They were so close last night too. I just have such a hard time picking against Brett Favre. I love him. If my husband ever decided to leave me, I'd move to Green Bay just to stalk.
    I'm convinced NEXT week really IS the week for GB.

ZM

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i managed to successfully destroy Bill's picks to the cyber space black hole this week- muhwahahahaha...

10 more to go- who's it going to be this week?? I'll spare Amanda (this week)- it's just a matter of time before she spins her head inside out trying to keep us all at bay!

+ Reply to Thread