+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Thanks for the updates on the signing Rusicade.

The latest rumors were Jose going to Florida for Luongo, I will be so pissed.

It's so weird seeing all these big names being traded and signed to other teams!

As a detroit fan, I feel bad for Legace, he deserves a shot at #1 goaltender...
    but it'll be interesting to see how Osgood does here, second time around...

Looking forward to see how the upcoming season plays out.. should make for a better league with more teams being on a more level playing field

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    Thanks for the updates on the signing Rusicade.

The latest rumors were Jose going to Florida for Luongo, I will be so pissed.
    You're welcome.

That could be a steal for Montreal (Luongo's still pretty young and just as talented), although I always liked Theodore...

Quote Originally Posted by cdn1276
    It's so weird seeing all these big names being traded and signed to other teams!

As a detroit fan, I feel bad for Legace, he deserves a shot at #1 goaltender...
    but it'll be interesting to see how Osgood does here, second time around...

Looking forward to see how the upcoming season plays out.. should make for a better league with more teams being on a more level playing field
    Yeah, it's really great yet weird seeing some elite players on teams that were considered close to being bankrupt.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Legace and Osgood split the # 1 job.

It'll be a good play-off push, that's for sure. Quite a few teams have a decent shot at Stanley. It'll be a real shocker if Pittsburgh wins.

The B's just re-signed Joe Thornton to a 3-year deal.

The Bruins website says the figures "weren't disclosed" but my TV news station says $20 million.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Sorry, Q, looks like your Dad will be searching for the tallest building in town-ERIC LINDROS has been signed by the Maple Laffs. Guess Lindros knows that he's not so great anymore, he's only getting paid 1.55 million for one year.

The Sharks re-signed Kyle McLaren. *still ticked over Zednik getting nailed by him*

The Sharks also re-signed Niko Dimitrakos. I was surprised to find out that this guy is American...I was thinking something like Hungarian.

The Coyotes re-signed Derek Morris.

Mr. Injury-Brad Lukowich-has been signed by the Isles. I really don't think anyone get injured more than this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The B's just re-signed Joe Thornton to a 3-year deal.

The Bruins website says the figures "weren't disclosed" but my TV news station says $20 million.
    3 years and 20 million. I heard he was offered 32.5 million over 5 years earlier.

There's still more re-signings of useless tools to report!

So here they are...

Atlanta re-signed Tomas Kloucek, Andy Sutton, Francis Lessard, Brad Larsen and Pasi Nurminen. Nurminen isn't useless yet, Atlanta expects him to be a reliable back-up and to act like a guide to fellow Finn Kari Lehtonen.

Columbus signed Ben Simon. Whoo-hoo.

Dallas re-signed Steve Ott and Niko Kapanen. Maybe Kapanen isn't a useless tool, though...

Rangers re-signed Blair Betts.

Pittsburgh isn't done with the big signings yet, Shane Endicott is on board!

The Habs re-signed goalie Jaroslav Halak. A player on Montreal that I've never heard of? Shocking.

The Sens re-signed goalie Ray Emery.

Vancouver re-signed Tyler Bouck.

And Washington..well, you should've expected some unheard-of players. Jared Aulin and Jakub Kutta have been re-signed.

The Habs re-signed Mike Ribeiro.

The Panthers have exercised their option to take Roberto Luongo to arbitration...I hope the Panthers don't lose him...

The 'Hawks re-signed Tyler Arnason.

The Avs re-signed Dan Hinote and Marek Svatos.

Steve Reinprecht will be back in Calgary.

Mike Leclerc has been re-signed by the Ducks, while Joe Dipenta has been signed by the Ducks.

I forgot about the Habs re-signing Mike Komisarek earlier today..

Ah... so Lindros has signed for 1.55 million... how the mighty have fallen eh??

There was an article in our local paper today about Lindros meeting with the doctors, and of course his father was making every excuse for Eric (as he has since the crybaby was in the ohl ) about why he's had so many concussions, from blaming the flyer's medical staff to other teams... um, hello if he was actually watching the game instead of his skates when he's on the ice....

I give it 4 games before he's out with another concussion... then what excuse will his daddy come with again!?!?

Although, I must say, if any team signed him, I'm sooooo happy it's the Laffs!!!

+ Reply to Thread