+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

JR.
    Miss F, Allison was a damn good player when he was here, I was a little bummed when they got rid of him. Injuries have really screwed him up though, maybe the extra time off will help.

I'm not too thrilled about Bertuzzi being let back, 20 games just doesn't semm like enough of a punishment.

...and the Bs signed coaches today. Coaches! WTF? Ugh.

I agree with Ms F about feeling bad for Legace but being anti Detroit here too, I don't care.

I hope the Habs sign Jose Thoedore real soon, I need my baby to stay in Montreal.

I can't wait for the season, what a loss it;s been for me this year without hockey and baseball

Not a big day in hockey signings..a few re-signings...

The Caps signed centre Andrew Cassels. Not like it matters, the Caps would be lucky to get more than 55 out of him, unless Ovechkin can be the franchise at 19/20.

The Caps offence improved-not by much-but their defence could be getting worse as their only NHL calibre defenceman Brendan Witt wants to be traded to a contender. Ouch. Don't expect the Caps to improve.

The Tampa Bay Lightning's hopes of winning the Stanley Cup were pretty much gone when Khabibulin signed in Chicago, but the Bolts still needed a # 1 goalie so they signed Sean Burke. The semi-bad news is that the back-up John Grahame has told the Bolts that he will not spend another season in a back-up roll. Grahame's a reliable back-up, but it's unknown really if he can handle being the #1. He could end up being traded to Phoenix or Carolina where they could use him.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I hope the Habs sign Jose Thoedore real soon, I need my baby to stay in Montreal.
    There's some rumors saying that Montreal will not re-sign Theodore...

Also some rumors that Eric Lindros will sign with Toronto. Leafs love their injury-prone centres.

And the Panthers might not re-sign Roberto Luongo, which is kinda confusing...Luongo is a terrific goalie and the closest thing the Panthers have to being a franchise player...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade
    Also some rumors that Eric Lindros will sign with Toronto. Leafs love their injury-prone centres.
    My Dad's about ready to jump off a tall building over this one.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    My Dad's about ready to jump off a tall building over this one.
    I'd probably be in the line-up behind him if I were a Leafs fan...Lindros

The Pens acquired J. Thibault from Chicago in exchange for a 4th rounder in next year's draft. What happened to the Pens pursuit of Joseph?

B's fans will be so happy to hear that the Bruins signed some no-name players (although you might've heard of Jon Girard if you're a Bruins fan), including a goalie.

Lewis is now a scout for the Wings. Jeez, you just can't keep the Wings and Lewis apart...

NHL, NHLPA, IIHF will discuss transfer deal.

Roman Turek retired, and now the Flames will be looking for a new, not overpaid back-up goalie. Turek played over 300 games with over 150 wins and a 2.31 GAA with 27 shutouts

The Jackets signed Jan Hrdina. Hrdina hasn't been a notable player in the NHL since his days in Pittsburgh when he had guys like Straka, Kovalev and Lemieux around him.

Sergei Samsonov has been re-signed by the Bruins, and the Bruins re-signed PJ Axelsson.

The reports of Brenden Witt wanting to be traded appear to be true as the Caps signed some young defenseman prospects in Mathieu Biron and Ivan Majesky.

The Canucks re-signed the Sedin twins.

The Kings re-signed Mike Cammalleri, who is expected to carry more of the offensive load with Palffy gone.

Annnd Carolina re-signed Justin Williams.

Rusicade, I'm surprised you missed the other big re-signing!

Aki Berg and Wade Belak remain Leafs! Both are useless tools. Ugh.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade
    Yeah, but can Forsberg stay healthy?

It's been a few good days in Flyers Nation...I think they might win Stanley this year (Actually, I think a few teams could win this year, the Flyers are just a front-runner). But then again, it could all depend on my first question: Forsberg's health.

I certain hope so... but Philadelphia is known for ALMOST winning. We're ready and waiting. Hopefully this year will break our losing streak. Having Forsberg is a positive for Philadelphia, but I'm hoping its NOT another Lindros. Prone for concussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Rusicade, I'm surprised you missed the other big re-signing!

Aki Berg and Wade Belak remain Leafs! Both are useless tools. Ugh.
    And it looks like I missed a few more useless tools getting re-signed or signed yesterday!

Ehh, Brad Winchester and Jani Rita have been re-signed by the Oilers.

The Kings re-signed Matt Hauser and signed Marty Wilford. Never heard of 'em.

The Isles signed Wyatt Smith. I think I remember him from Nashville...

The Rangers signed Joe Rullier. *blank stare*

Pens added Dany Sabourin to their pile of goalies.

The Flames re-signed Andrew Ference.

Radim Vrbata has been re-signed by Carolina.

Mark Bell has been re-signed by Chicago.

Tomas Kopecky has been re-signed by Detroit. I like the name Kopecky.

Andrei Zyuzin has been re-signed by Minnesota.

Nashville re-signed Jeremy Yablonski and Scott Hartnell. Hartnell's progress has been pretty slow...

Finally, some big-name players...

Ottawa re-signed oft-injured Mike Fisher and Martin Havlat. Ottawa still proving that they want to remain the same old team.

The Pens signed Thibault and re-signed Kris Beech.

The Sharks re-signed top defence prospect Tom Preissing and defensive forward Wayne Primeau.

The Leafs signed Alexander Khavanov.

Joe Thornton was offered a 32.5 million deal over 5 years.

+ Reply to Thread