+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

I'm pretty happy about Kings GM Dave Taylor has done. If we can get Palffy now, I will be actually optimistic about the Kings' season! Imagine that. Hopefully Demitra, being a Slovak and having played with Palffy before, will help grabbing Palffy. We'll see.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

JR.
    I am so not happy with what the Bs have done so far. A few 3rd liners and some old folks? WTF? After all of the crowing about how much money they had and that only 3 players were signed, I was hoping for a bit more.

"Introducing the new Bruins...same as the old Bruins

Nikolai Khabibulin signed with Carolina, which surprised me.

At least Carolina has something to build around, although they better do it quick, Khabibulin is getting old.

I made a mistake, Nikolai Khabibulin signed with Chicago, not Carolina.

Can someone delete my last post?

Paul Kariya will try to redeem himself with the up-and-coming Preds. I think he's a good fit on the top line with Steve Sullivan, both are speedy, but a they're both small (both under 6 feet). Guess this means Nashville might be on the look-out for a power centre.

The Maple Leafs signed Jason Allison. I can't comment on this one, really. Unless Allison is fully healed from his concussion, this is a risky move, or maybe even desperate. And even if Allison has recovered, his talent will be wasted on the 2nd line (I don't see the Leafs putting him ahead of Sundin).

The first signing by the Caps was today-they signed Alexander Ovechkin. The Caps should've been signing free agents to support Ovechkin this season, IMO...

The Thrashers and Avs signed a goon...Brad May to the Avs, and Eric Boulton to Atlanta. atlanta also signed Jim Dowd.

Been a pretty slow day compared to the last few days...

And I forgot to watch Crosby on Leno...

The Pens fortunes sure have turned around, they're back to their early '90's form if Crosby and Malkin can put up big numbers. The signing of Zigmund Palffy has made me start to think about the Pens winning the Stanley Cup, something I would've laughed at in the last 5 years.

Rick Nash has reportedly re-signed with the Jackets. The deal would earn him over 5 million a year for 5 years.
    Last edited by Rusicade; 08-06-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Woot! I've been away for a few days, but I'm excited about my beloved Avs.

Only two things to complain about:

They let Adam Foote go? Noooooooo!

They picked up thug Brad May? Noooooooo! I may puke every time I see him on TV.

Other than that, I highly approve of the lineup. Brisebois? Turgeon? Most excellent.

I'm getting pumped up for the season!

Yeah, I hope they treat the Breezer better in Denver than Montreal. Turgeon could be a big signing if he can return to his days as a 70+ player.

The Avs also signed Andrew Brunette. Not too bad, he can get 60 points in a 2nd line role.

Carolina is hoping Ray Whitney can do what he did for Columbus-get 70 points on a bad team. I'm amazed Whitney settled for 1.5 million a year, though.

The Great One is back, only this time it'll behind the Coyotes bench. I doubt he'll become the next Great One of coaching, though.

Great news for the Canucks, Todd Bertuzzi is back.

The Red Wings signed Chris Osgood. This will be his second stint with the Wings. This has gotta be frustrating for Manny Legace, who is probably good enough to be the #1 goalie.

Agreed about Legace. He's so underrated it's not funny. Of course, I am so anti-Detroit I'm not all that broken up about it.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Jason Allison, so I'm mixed about his signing with the Leafs. Back in his OHL days, he played in my hometown, so it's kind of nice to see him come back to Ontario to play for the Leafs. On the other hand, he's so inconsistent like the rest of the Leafs that it doesn't give me much hope.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread