+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Boston bought out the contracts of Shawn McEachern and Travis Green, while T.O. says farewell to Tie Domi and Ed Belfour.

Carolina decided to bring back some role players from the Cup run, re-signing Andrew Hutchinson and Craig Adams.

Detroit and Vancouver securing two crucial parts of their teams, resigning Nicklas Lidtsrom for another 2 years, while the Canucks resigned the Sedin twins.

Tampa and Columbus made a deal.

Columbus sends their ex-starter Marc Denis for some back-up help in Finnish veteran Fredrik Norrena, while the more famous Fredrik Modin heads to Columbus from Tampa.

The Jackets boast a powerful Top Six...

Rick Nash Sergei Fedorov Nik Zherdev

Freddy Modin Gilbert Brule David Vyborny

...and Pascal Leclaire should be ready for the #1 job, but their defence is still pretty average.

You never know, though, Zdeno Chara is on the market after rejecting Ottawa's final offer.

JR.
    My condolences to Leaf fans who now must deal with the burden that is Hal Gill. May god be with you

Atlanta signed the the less famous "Moose", Johan Hedberg, to back-up Kari Lehtonen. Scott Mellanby was resigned, as well.

Boston made a huge splash on the first day of free agency, although I don't think they improved much. All of Boston's defence besides Zdeno Chara and Stuart seem reluctant to hit a guy.

Marc Savard, the other signing, could mesh well with Glen Murray, but I think Savard is nothing without Kovalchuk.

Calgary signed Andrei Zyuzin. Not a big deal.

Carolina re-signed Eric Staal and Mike Commodore.

I guess this means Patrick Lalime's starting days are over, he signed with Chicago and is now behind Khabibulin.

Colorado loses some much-needed defensive depth as Tomas Slovak signed with Mora in the Swedish Elitserien.

The Avs signed Tyler Arnason, but I don't know where he'd fit in with the team. He's behind Sakic and Turgeon at center and he's not a checker. 50-point days could be over.

Columbus brought back some minor players including Jaroslav Balastik, Alexander Svitov, Kris Russell, and Anders Eriksson.

Detroit resigned Chris Osgood.

Hometown hero Fernando Pisani and the backbone of the Oilers play-off run, Dwayne Roloson were resigned.

Florida resigned Sean Hill.

Rob Blake decided to return to where he started his career, Los Angeles. The Kings now look set on defence.

Minnesota native Mark Parrish signed with the Minnesota Wild. Earlier this year, Parrish irked Islanders management by saying he'd love to play for the Wild. He was traded to LA at the trade deadline this season.

The Habs were quiet, only resigning Francis Boullion. Boullion had a good year though, glad to have him back.

The Preds were also quiet, only resigning their back-up, Chris Mason.

New Jersey probably saved themselves by re-signing Patrik Elias and Jamie Langenbrunner.

Matt Cullen who is coming off a career year capped by a Stanley Cup, signed with the Rangers. I wouldn't expect the same production from Cullen this year...

Karel Rachunk resigned with the Rangers.

Ottawa signed Joe Corvo after losing Zdeno Chara. Corvo's good enough to at least score as much points as Chara.

Martin Gerber's heading to Ottawa, as well. Hope he's the #1 man when Montreal rolls into town.

Philadelphia, just looking for defensive depth, signed Lars Jonsson and Nolan Baumgartner.

Phoenix adds Ed Jovonovski to an underrated defence. Should be a tough group to play against.

Pittsburgh's Konstantin Koltsov signed with Ak Bars in the Russian Superleague.

St. Louis made sure to resign their captain, Dallas Drake, and to sign some help for their own zone, Jay Mckee.

Tampa signed headache Andy Delmore and Andreas Karlsson out of Sweden, along with Nikita Alexeev.

Hmm, Toronto gets bigger, but probably less mobile on the blueline with the signings of Pavel Kubina, and Hal Gill.

Willie Mitchell goes to the team of his dreams, the Vancouver Canucks.

Washington resigned backup Brent Johnson and signed Brian Pothier.

Busy day, and there's still a few big names.

I really, really hope that Montreal gets Jason Arnott. I guess I wouldn't mind Roenick, either.

Quote Originally Posted by rusicade
    Hometown hero Fernando Pisani and the backbone of the Oilers play-off run, Dwayne Roloson were resigned.
    What? When? Why? I'm not following this weekend. Distracted
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    What? When? Why? I'm not following this weekend. Distracted
    Why might you be distracted?
    Pisani link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170154&hubname=nhl
    Roloson: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170193&hubname=nhl

The Kings stocked up on ex-Sharks, signing Scott Thornton and Alyn McCauley.

Minnesota quickly replaced Filip Kiba, who was signed by Tampa Bay, by signing Kim Johnsson and Keith Carney.

Johnny Grahame signed with Carolina, replacing Ottawa-bound Martin Gerber. Carolina also re-signed role player Chad LaRose.

Boston signed Shean Donovan for 2 years. I think he'll be traded after one.

Dallas acquired a blast from the past, receiving Darryl Sydor for a 4th rounder. Sydor won a Stanley Cup with Dallas (And Tampa Bay) and ever sicne his trade from Texas, his play has been going downhill.

Ruslan Salei will toughen up an already toughened up Florida defence.

Nashville probably tied for biggest signing of the day, they signed Jason Arnott.

The Isles will need a lot of luck to get the same production out of Mike Sillinger this year.

The whole Straka-Jagr connection will continue, the Rangers signed him, but only for one season.

Phoenix signed Mike Morrison.

St. Louis received their rental player back, Doug Weight.

Also, St. Louis gave coach Mike Kitchen a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    ...Why might you be distracted?
    If Pronger doesn't have to tell, neither do I

Harumph. After such a fabulous year, the Oilers are not going to be the same team! And I'm not sure what that will mean for next season.

WooHoo!!! Cloutier is no longer a Canuck Traded to LA for a second round pick. Finally! This should have been done sooooo long ago.

I just read an editorial yesterday about how Pronger chose to leave both the Oilers and Edmonton. I have to say I totally agreed with Diotte (which I never do). Pronger showed not only how little class he had but how self-centered he was in not even thinking of thanking the city, the organization, and the fans. While the snide remarks and city/team bashing began, he was totally silent. Not very professional IMO.

http://edmsun.canoe.ca/News/Columnis...5/1668634.html

Go Canucks!

+ Reply to Thread