+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 545464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade View Post
    Actually, Luongo told reporters that he was very, very close to signing a 4-year deal and that he wanted to stay in Florida, but I guess Keenan couldn't meet Luongo's requirements.

Luongo wanted:
    -The team to make a public statement saying they will not trade Luongo
    -The team to sign his old goalie coach, Francois Allaire
    -The team to sign former back-up Jamie McLennan

Perhaps the Canucks will trade Cloutier and sign McLennan...
    I restate my argument then, Kennan had no choice if those were Luongo's conditions.
    He'd already told them he wouldn't sign if they didn't resign Jokinen. I like Luongo, but it sounds to me that his demands, in addition to the monster salary he'd command were too much for Mike and I don't blame him for trading him.

I'm currently watching OTR.
    They introduced their discussion about Pronger by playing the Desperate Housewives theme

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    If only this were true.
    Pronger has asked to be traded.
    I'm not happy about the Luongo trade.
    I think Keenan had little choice when it became clear Luongo wasn't going to sign a multi-year deal, but Bertuzzi? Come on!!!!
    I don't care if he gets 100 points and leads the Cats on a rampant run through the playoffs, I can't stand him and hate the idea of him playing anywhere, let alone on the same team as my JayBo.
    And I hate the idea of him playing in the same division as my Canes! Why is he still allowed to play anwyay?
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I saw an interview with him (Bertuzzi) today.
    He was his usual miserable looking and sounding self.
    He said it was "very emotional" for him to tall Naslund he'd been traded, which I found really amusing for some reason.

Him playing with Jaybo might not be an issue though as rumour has it Keenan has offered Jay and Stephen Weiss for Pronger.
    Lowe would agree if it was Jay and Nathan Horton apparently.
    I don't have a link for this though, just something I heard on the grapevine so I don't know if it's accurate.

You can have Bertuzzi
    But Pronger wants to be traded? What? What is he thinking?
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-27-2006 at 03:39 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    But Pronger wants to be traded? What?
    Yeah the article I read on it mytelus.com cited "personal reasons" whatever that may mean

Ah, thank god, Huet's staying in Montreal! I found it odd that's he's getting less money in 07-08, though..
    --------------------------------------
    The Panthers would be making a mistake if they traded Bouwmeester and Horton. No point in trading a future franchise defenseman and future franchise power forward.
    --------------------------------------
    Boston and Phoenix swapped d-men

Phoenix gets Nick Boynton while Boston gets Paul Mara. Boston's defensive woes won't be helped any, but at least they'll get production.

A shame for Boynton, Phoenix's defense seems to become an unknown bunch. Say, what ever happened to Derek Morris?

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2 View Post
    Yeah the article I read on it mytelus.com cited "personal reasons" whatever that may mean
    His wife is apparently taking the brunt of the criticism.
    Pronger is vacationing in Mexico and because very few details about his reasons for the request have been given people are assuming it's because his wife doesn't like living in Edmonton.
    Whether that's true or not I don't know, but the fans have dubbed her "Yoko"

I also heard that he doesn't want to play in Canada, unless it's for the Leafs, which I took exception to, even though I'm not Canadian

Again, all speculation and rumour that I've read on a hockey message board so I don't know how true it is.

I agree with Rusicade about not trading Horton and Jaybo for Pronger.
    Kennan apparently really rates Pronger though and Lowe rates Jaybo, so it is a deal that could please both GM's somewhat. Horton is the sticking point though as Kennan doesn't want to lose both.
    Some trades I've heard proposed at other message boards are ridiculous imo.
    Jaybo and either Horton or Weiss, plus Stewart and Florida's first round pick next year.
    I think that particular Edmonton fan is going to be disappointed if he thinks he'll get that much in return for Pronger.

ETA: Ed Jovanovski has expressed an interest in going back to Florida.
    He's a UFA on July 1st so they could get him without giving up anyone in return.
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...hers_0627.html
    Last edited by fluff; 06-27-2006 at 04:04 PM.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade View Post
    Boston and Phoenix swapped d-men

Phoenix gets Nick Boynton while Boston gets Paul Mara. Boston's defensive woes won't be helped any, but at least they'll get production.
    I hate this trade. Boynton was the only D-man with balls on this team, and the Bs already have Tanabe. Hannu & Timmy better get ready.

Thanks you guys! I didn't know the reasons, real or not. I guess Pronger or his wife, need the spotlight of a Big American City. No big loss then, particularly if it had to be TO to stay in Canada.

And MacTavish is a free agent! But they're saying he'll stay anyway. It was just a better timing to let his contract lapse before the playoffs and then re-sign with more money$. I can't believe he would actually leave the Oilers
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Well, besides the Boynton/Mara trade, the Bruins have been rather busy this week. At the draft, the Bruins traded Raycroft to the Leafs for the rights to Tuukka Rask, which I'm ok with. I hope he does well and bounces back in TO, but not against us They also fired Sullivan today. Dave Lewis is rumored to be named head coach, with Marc Habscheid as assistant (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...27_183205_5188)

+ Reply to Thread