+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Alright, I looked all over the site and can't find a thread for this so i'll just post it here. Guess who Paris Hilton's latest victim is ?? It's our dear old Jose Theodore!! They were seen flirting in Toronto and leaving a club together holding hands, heading to her hotel. Now this may not sound very serious but keep in mind that Jose Theodore has a wife ( or fiancee ) and a newborn child (3 months old) who are practically living at the hospital.Their daughter was born premature and has spent 3 months in the hospital. So while his girlfriend ,Stephanie, is with their child, he is off partying with PARIS HILTON!!

Now i'm not sure if i can post a link , so if i'm not allowed please remove it

http://www.tmz.com/2006/06/19/paris-...ts-she-scores/

I'm still in shock.Just a few of weeks ago, Theodore was saying how much he appreciated all the pictures Stephanie was sending him and how much he wanted to go back home!! It sure doesn't look like it!

What a disappointment...but, the Oilers (And the Canes, Sabres, Rangers, maybe the Ducks) far exceeded any expectations, and I'm very happy with how this entire year has been. Good, exciting hockey!

I'm glad Glen Wesley finally won it, though, and I'm sure the Oilers won't plummet to the bottom like that other team...uh...Carolina! In 2002-03.

Most of all, I'm glad that Cam Ward won the Smythe. Anybody who can stop the mighty Habs deserves it!

Now it's time to jump off the bandwagon...

Oh, and Paris Hilton?

Jose's been dumped!

I can hardly wait for tomorrow's draft, James Sheppard is a sure-fire first-rounder, and that's exciting news for everyone here in his hometown of Lower Sackville! Too bad TSN's mock draft has him going to Toronto.

Anaheim has officially become just the "Ducks", and along with the name change, they adopted a new logo and jersey.

Thank god I only see the Ducks play a couple of times a season, that gold stripe is really bugging me.

Much nicer looking logo etc...for the Ducks. I couldn't stand the uniform before.

Did anyone watch the NHL awards last night??? We tried, but it was just so dry and rather boring. As much as I like Ron...we just couldn't watch it.

As for Jose....what a guy! :nono
    ---------------------
    opps....

JR.
    Those uniforms are better, but that's not saying much

I didn't even know the awards were on, way to promote yourself NHL.

Eh, the Award Show was very, very forgettable. I don't remember much of it.

Anyway! The draft, without a super-superstar, could be overshadowed by another blockbuster Vancouver-Florida trade.

The Canucks send F Todd Bertuzzi with G Alex Auld and D Bryan Allen to the Panthers for G Roberto Luongo, "offenseman" Lukas Krajicek and a 6th rounder in today's draft.

The Canucks get a huge upgrade in goal, of course, and with the Sedins stepping up, they could afford to get rid of a seemingly distracted player.

Vancouver doesn't really lose anything they didn't already have. Cloutier will probably be unhappy in a back-up role, but he'll provide good goaltending like usual.

The Canucks D-man depth is strong, but Bryan Allen was a younger JovoCop, who is expected to leave Vancouver. Luckily Krajicek can pick up the offensive slack from the blueline.

Bertuzzi only adds to the many huge players on Florida's team, and adds much-needed offence to a team that had to be carried by Olli Jokinen and Nathan Horton. Florida could finally boast two scoring lines if Gary Roberts and Nieuwendyk come back.

Florida's goaltending is a mess right now, with Auld and Jean-Marc Pelletier being their tandem. The good news is that there are quite a few goalies on the market, and Florida does have two 2nd round draft picks in the system.

Here's the defence:

- Bryan Allen 6-4/220
    33 Jamie Allison 6-1/210
    4 Jay Bouwmeester 6-4/210
    22 Sean Hill 6-0/205
    55 Richard Jackman 6-2/197
    20 Joel Kwiatkowski 6-2/210
    5 Branislav Mezei 6-5/236
    7 Steve Montador 6-0/210
    21 Alexei Semenov 6-6/235
    26 Mike Van Ryn 6-1/202

Even in the minors and property in Europe or Junior leagues, none of Florida's defencemen dip below 6 feet tall.

8,000 fans attended the Oiler Appreciation Day ...it was a nice salute to our guys who were really surprised at the turnout.
    -------------------------
    As far as I know, we are picking our choices today. Their first picks and who they get has not been posted yet. The following is the needs from the Oilers' website: http://www.edmontonoilers.com/gameday/draft/preview.php

OILERS' LONG-TERM NEEDS:

Aside from Tom Gilbert, Taylor Chorney and Bryan Young the Oilers don't have a lot of defencemen coming up the pipe. They may not take a blueliner with their first choice but will likely select three or four among their six choices in an attempt to fill the cupboard.

The team may even choose to go the route they did in 2005 when they drafted Danny Syvret in the third round. At age 20, Syvret appeared poised to step into the professional ranks right away and did not disappoint with a short stint in Edmonton. Perhaps a defenceman such as T.J. Miller out of Penticton (BCHL), a 6'4" defenceman turning 20 and attending Northern Michigan in the fall, might be worth taking a late-round flyer.

OILERS' IMMEDIATE NEEDS:

The Oilers don't have a lot of glaring immediate needs to shore up their lineup. Particularly with offensive forwards such as Marc-Antoine Pouliot and Rob Schremp ready to step in and a solid defensive core that should be together for at least a few more seasons, including Pronger, Greene, Bergeron, Smith and Staios.

Perhaps an immediate need for the Oilers more than anything is to draft a goaltender. Goaltenders take awhile to develop but it can never hurt to have as many goaltending prospects on the farm as possible. No Oilers netminder played regularly in the American Hockey League this past season but the team hopes both Devan Dubnyk and Jeff Deslauriers can play 30 to 40 games apiece in the AHL in 2006-07.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade View Post
    .... Cloutier will probably be unhappy in a back-up role, ......
    This is exactly why they should move Cloutier, too. He wants to a #1, not a back-up. Can't see a pouty back-up helpin' the team at all, and would probably makes things worse. Luongo's game could be affected, thus negating the reason for the trade in the first place. I say get rid of Cloutier and start out totally fresh in goal.

a solid defensive core that should be together for at least a few more seasons, including Pronger, Greene, Bergeron, Smith and Staios.
    If only this were true.
    Pronger has asked to be traded.
    I'm not happy about the Luongo trade.
    I think Keenan had little choice when it became clear Luongo wasn't going to sign a multi-year deal, but Bertuzzi? Come on!!!!
    I don't care if he gets 100 points and leads the Cats on a rampant run through the playoffs, I can't stand him and hate the idea of him playing anywhere, let alone on the same team as my JayBo.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I think Keenan had little choice when it became clear Luongo wasn't going to sign a multi-year deal
    Actually, Luongo told reporters that he was very, very close to signing a 4-year deal and that he wanted to stay in Florida, but I guess Keenan couldn't meet Luongo's requirements.

Luongo wanted:
    -The team to make a public statement saying they will not trade Luongo
    -The team to sign his old goalie coach, Francois Allaire
    -The team to sign former back-up Jamie McLennan

Perhaps the Canucks will trade Cloutier and sign McLennan...

+ Reply to Thread