+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    BTW, can Cherry find another UGLY blazer for Monday night? Whoa That was pretty bad.
    He may have a good hockey mind, but otherwise Don Cherry is a clown. He is so full of himself and he think he is fashionable and looks cool in his atrocious attire. Those shirts he wears with the stupid collars went out sooooo many years ago. And that flowery purple blazer he wears is something a clown would wear. That's what Don Cherry is. A clown.

On another note....the whole country (Canada) will be glued to their TV's on Monday night. We are all sooo rootin' for Edmonton to bring the cup back to Canada. There has never been a time were us out here in British Columbia have been rootin' for Edmonton so much! I hope they do it!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    If you can imagine a group of displaced canucks all huddled around a computer screen in South America watching hockey....fun, but pretty lame.
    Well I hope you're all wearing toques and drinking Molson's!

Best of luck to the Oilers tonight!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Go Edmonton Go!!!

---------------------
    opps....

Lord help us bring Lord Stanley home to Canada tonight!

I think I'm going to be sick from all the tension. I think I'll watch with my hands over my eyes or with the sound off. Better yet, with a salted Caesar in each hand! That way I can either celebrate a win or drown my sorrows

Thanks everyone for being so supportive to my team! It's been an incredible ride! Whatever happens tonight.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Just wanted to swing by and say GO OILERS! As hard as it is to believe, a tried and true Vancouver Canucks fan here is cheering you on all the way. Bring it home, boys!

Oh, and misskitty thanks for the caesar idea...yummers. I used to live and work in Edmonton, on Whyte Ave, and it was there I found a definite liking for caesars. Best drink in the world!

CANES WIN STANLEY CUP 3-1 IN GAME 7

OILERS DON'T WIN THE CUP, BUT THEY WIN OUR HEARTS

Congrats to the Canes! They played a better game tonight. And no-one can fault CAM WARD for winning the CON SMYTHE!! (he's from Alberta, you know! )

A very fast first goal put the Canes ahead and surprised the Oil. With some very good opportunities to score, we just couldn't get much past Ward. Both teams came out hitting heavy which caused the Oilers to take a few penalties giving the Canes the chance for a 2nd goal on the powerplay. Their third in an empty net was to seal the deal.

It was great hockey for Albertans and Canadians everywhere. And the Oilers run particularly enhanced the days of our troops stationed in Afghanistan! Who are also very disappointed tonight (well, it's actually tomorrow over there now).

I AM SO VERY PROUD OF OUR GUYS FOR HAVING THE INCREDIBLE CINDERELLA PLAYOFF SEASON THEY HAD!

A WELCOME HOME RALLY WILL BE HELD THIS WEEK WHEN THEY RETURN.

So sorry Miss Kitty, and everyone in Edmonton. I remember so well when my beloved Canucks made it to game 7 in New York and lost. The Oilers should be very proud though, they had a truly amazing run and they showed everyone once again that there's nothing more magical in sport than when a team rises to the challenge in the playoffs and makes a run for the cup. They are a great team and have great fans, and all of Canada is proud of them.

:

What an awesome incredible game!! My Canes were back!!

For anyone who thinks we don't appreciate hockey or the Cup down here - the fans NEVER SAT DOWN for the entire game. How incredible is that! And as far as I can tell from the news today, despite extensive partying in the streets last night, there were no incidents of violence or vandalism.

Congratulations also to the Edmonton Oilers. They have nothing to hang their heads about, and much to be proud of. With a good, young core of players, the Oil will be a factor for many years to come. I remember when the Canes were the Cinderella team in 2002 and how exciting it was to watch - even though we fell way shorter than the Oil did in the finals, it was still an incredible ride.
    Last edited by Miss Filangi; 06-20-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Well Congrats to the Canes and the fans....

What a good run Edmonton had....exciting hockey all the way!

Cam Ward was awesome and very deservering of the Con Smythe!

Till next season....
    ---------------------
    opps....

Everyone is pretty tired out today, a little disappointed, but terribly impressed and proud of our team. They arrive home this afternoon and there will be a welcome rally downtown for the players and fans. No one is hanging their head, for sure.

I'll see you around next year!

Now, what was that OTHER game that started? Football? Eskimos? Hmmm Anyone want to start a CFL/NFL thread?

+ Reply to Thread