+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Last night's game was so awesome! What an end, I was very happy for the Oil. Ever since Rollie got hurt, I find myself pulling more for the Oil. Both teams have been incredible though.

I think that both teams have earned their place in the playoffs.

It's certainly proved to be a fabulous series. Whoever wins, deserves the win. And whoever places second, deserves kudos for an excellent series and great, great, exciting hockey!!

I guess if the Oilers actually WIN the cup, it will be the first time EVER in Stanley Cup history that an 8th placed team came from behind and won. That would be nice to add to the record book. Here's hoping for another win tomorrow.

A pair of tickets, and a framed Oiler print, went for $6300 tonight. The tickets were offered during the 6pm news hour and the money goes to charity. The man who won the bidding is from a small town who has been an Oiler fan his whole life.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

OILERS SHUT OUT CANES 4-0 !!

In front of the Prime Minister and thousands of very loud and excited fans, the Oilers skated right over the Canes tonight. With only 7 shots on goal by the end of the second period, and down by 2, the Canes had difficulty even getting into the game.

Hooray for PISANI, HORCOFF, SMYTH, TORRES! PRONGER played another 31 min game! Phenomenal! Coach MacT has done a remarkable job with this team. And it was sweet for Fernando's parents to be in the crowd as well.

Can you tell Canada is smiling from ear to ear right now?

The party is on! WE WANT THE CUP
    Attachment 17594 Attachment 17595
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 03:03 AM.

Great game tonight! I'm smiling!!

Way to go Oilers! Just got home from a BBQ/stagette party. It's the first stagette I've ever been to where there were 9 women glued to the TV, waiting to go out until after the game was over!
    "I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist" -Ricky, Trailer Park Boys

***dramatic sigh*****

I guess my standard response at these moments is "I'm sure they just wanted to win at home"....

I hope.

What a shame it would be to have so many chances to take it home and blow it in the end.

I agree both teams are playing very well (except for the Canes last night). Both deserve to win.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

GREAT GAME!!!

My brother was having a BBQ last night too...and half of us where inside watching the game!! What a game!!

GO OILERS GO!!!

The Canes, just looked tired and beaten by the end of the second. They seemed to get a little life after the coach called the Time out...but it didn't last long....

Can't wait for Monday night!!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV View Post
    ***dramatic sigh*****

I guess my standard response at these moments is "I'm sure they just wanted to win at home"....

I hope.

What a shame it would be to have so many chances to take it home and blow it in the end.

I agree both teams are playing very well (except for the Canes last night). Both deserve to win.
    The Canes aren't playing well at all. I don't know if it's fatigue, injuries, fear of success, or what, but they've lost that spark I've come to associate with the team, and it's painful to watch. I wouldn't mind as much seeing them beaten if they were playing their best and still lost ... oh well ...

As much fun I've had being able to "gloat" here lately, the Canes do belong in this series. But they have had not one, but TWO chances already to take the Cup. I'm not sure what the odds are for them to get a third chance.

I think they are getting tired. And I'm not sure if it was a good idea to put their injured point man (forgot his name) in so soon after his injury. Don Cherry (Hockey Night in Canada), said that that was a sign of desperation, which was not good to either the player himself, or to the team. And it may have helped the Oilers to see that move. BTW, can Cherry find another UGLY blazer for Monday night? Whoa That was pretty bad.

If they win, to win at home would be phenomenal for their team. If they lose, it will be terrible. One of our players remembered losing the Cup on home ice when he was on another team. He said it was the worst way to lose ever. To see another team take the Cup in front of you and your fans at your forum.

If the Oilers win in Raleigh, it won't matter to the fans. We'll be celebrating anyway. And they will have a heroes welcome when they return home. Maybe even a PARADE!

factola: the Oilers have not played a Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals since 1987......19 years ago!

Woohoo...go Oilers. I have a slingbox, and access to all the Burlington, Ont. channels. If you can imagine a group of displaced canucks all huddled around a computer screen in South America watching hockey....fun, but pretty lame.

+ Reply to Thread