+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Thanks for the smile!! Made my day!!

Two hours to go. Lord help us stay in awhile longer.

About 200 revellers (out of thousands celebrating) were arrested on Whyte Ave after the last game. And it was cold and rainy out. The police were very vigilant handing out tickets for jaywalking even! Nothing aside from safe and non-destructive celebrating was acceptable. NO injuries and NO property damage . Only a few criminal charges laid by the end of the night, er, morning.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

CANES WIN 2-1 OVER OILERS -- LEAD SERIES 3-1

Well, it was a great game. Lots of heavy hitting, penalties, power plays that didn't result in goals, rowdy fans, and two amazing goalies.

We really wanted this win so we could go to six games. But it could be over now in 5.
    ---------------------

It was wonderful to see a special highlight on the National News tonight on Joey Moss, the locker room attendant of the Oilers. Known as the Heart of the Oilers, and the Twenty-Year Man, Joey has been with the team for 20 years and has Downs Syndrome. He is the younger brother of Wayne Gretzky's ex-girlfriend, Vicki. Once Wayne met Joey, he brought him under his wing into the Oiler's organization. He lights up every one's day and helps keep players feet on the ground. He's a special man who's seen more than a generation of hockey players and a few Stanley Cups go by. He can be seen belting out a heartfelt O Canada at each and every game with unabashed enthusiasm.

I think I love Joey more than the Oilers

Holy man! What a game! What a series!

I hope the Canes can win Wednesday in front of the home crowd.

I'm a nervous wreck. I've been a fan of hockey for 30 years and this is the closest I've ever come to seeing my team win it all.

Regardless if the Oilers win any more games or not, they have so much to be proud of. Going from 8th seed to the finals - awesome. They've gotten great goaltending from Jussie too, and I'm glad for that, glad for him. And what incredible fans up there in Edmonton (not that I'm the least bit surprised about that!)

I managed to catch the last few moments of the Joey Moss segment. It was sweet....thanks for filling in the blanks for me Miss Kitty....

I was sad to see that the Oilers lost, but from what I seen, it looked like a good game.

I hope they can pull out a Game 6....I'm actually hoping for a Game 7~I love a series that goes to 7....(especially when the team I'm rooting for is behind )
    ---------------------
    opps....

WOO HOOO!! OILERS WIN 4-3 IN OVERTIME!!

Fernando Pisani scores to push for a 6th game in Edmonton! His is the first short-handed goal in overtime in Stanely Cup history. Our home-town boy from Little Italy is doing his family, his province and his country proud!

What a GREAT GAME. That's what hockey is really about. Great plays, disappointments, anxiety, the whole ball of wax. How exhausting to watch!

Both teams played extremely well. And as I said, I'm already happy with how the team has re-ignited our City, the sport, the fans, and provided the other teams with a run for their money during the finals!

Who'd have thought we'd still be playing hockey in JUNE! If the Oilers actually win, it will be the first time since 1966 that a team has come from that far behind to take the Cup. Whew! They got their work cut out for them.

GO OILERS GO! GO OILERS GO! GO OILERS GO!

I turned on to watch the news and instead I caught the start of the overtime. Very good, exciting hockey.

Awesome Game!!

You definately said it best Miss Kitty....this game had it all!! Most of all a great outcome! Who would have thought they'd score shorthanded.

I felt bad for the little kids with their Carolina Jerseys on that the CBC showed after the game. Poor little ones, they looked so sad...I think a few were shedding tears.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Credit where it's due. The Oilers looked like a team that came to play and win. The Canes looked like a team that didn't know why they were there. I hope they remember why up in Edmonton

As much as I'd love to see the Oilers win, I have to give credit to Carolina. They play tough, they're reportedly playing hurt and they are a strong, solid team.

If Carolina wins the series, it's well earned.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread