+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Well. I certainly was half asleep today. The game isn't on until TOMORROW night . It's Eskimos football that starts tonight. Too many sports. Sigh.

The Canes are settling in and having a look-around. Strange considering they never played in Edmonton all season.

In addition to Cam Ward, there are other Canes from here as well: Glen Wesley, Ray Whitney, and Mike Commodore. So it's going to be interesting for them to play against the Oilers. But not so hard wanting to win in front of their friends and family too! Unfortunately, Ray Whitney's Dad played practice goal and WAS security for the Oiler's dressing room. He was alleviated of his position for conflict of interest reasons; he's cheering for his son over the Oilers.

Who could blame him? No-one here, that's for sure. Hopefully a good time will be had by all....especially the fans!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

OILERS WIN 2-1 OVER CANES

It was a close one. Too close for comfort. When the Oilers couldn't score with double penalty against the Canes it wasn't looking so good. Luckily a fluke goal off Smyth counted. We'll take it any way we can at this point. It was a much better played game than the last one by far. There should have been a tripping penalty against the Canes in the last 2 min. but it wasn't called. Jussi was amazing tonight.

And how about those noisy fans!?!

Good thing it's storming tonight and pouring rain. It will cool down any nonsense celebrating that may take place.

That was a must win. No way would the Oilers beat the 'Canes 4 straight to win the Cup. Markennen (sp) was great and it can only boost his confidence for game 4. (First Star!). Now we have a series! Go Oil! Onward in the quest to bring the Cup back to Canada!

That game last night was allll defense. Cam played awesome (as usual), both teams were doing great keeping the puck away. I was shocked that the oilers couldn't pull out a score on that 5 on 3.

From my point of view, this was okay to lose tonight, then we can win at home
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

I have to post that I am totally embarrassed by the lack of responsibility of some Oiler fans after having seen the coverage of the celebrations on our Blue Mile (Whyte Ave). Those fans are a total disgrace to the real hockey fans of our City.

The Oiler hockey team has expressed publicly that responsible fans are what is wanted and appreciated. Nothing less than that. However, I do feel that these "types" of fans do not understand what responsible behavior actually is.
    They aren't fans!! They're people who are looking for an excuse to cause mayhem and destruction...it's sad!!

CANES WIN 5-4 in First Game of Finals!!!

The Oilers lost a great game. While ahead by a 3-0 lead, it was the battle of the GOALIES!!! The Game was won by the Canes because of Cam WARD!! and the Oilers lost the game by second goalie Ty Conklin who came in late in the third to replace an injured Dwayne Rolofson.

ROLO IS INJURED....HE'S OUT FOR THE SERIES

That changes our prospects dramatically Odds are whoever wins the first game has a 70% chance of winning the series. Which means that the little monkey is wrong. I hope that's not true.
    That's pretty unfair to Ty Conklin...you make it sound like he came in when the score was 3-0. He didn't lose the game - the team did!!

The City is quiet tonight. Dead quiet. Let's hope that home ice revives our guys. We can't blame this poor showing on the loss of Roloson only.
    Nope! The offence has to score at least one goal to win!!

OILERS WIN 2-1 OVER CANES

It was a close one. Too close for comfort. When the Oilers couldn't score with double penalty against the Canes it wasn't looking so good. Luckily a fluke goal off Smyth counted. We'll take it any way we can at this point. It was a much better played game than the last one by far. There should have been a tripping penalty against the Canes in the last 2 min. but it wasn't called. Jussi was amazing tonight.

And how about those noisy fans!?!

Good thing it's storming tonight and pouring rain. It will cool down any nonsense celebrating that may take place.
    Yes, the Oilers got a bit of a gimme on the fluke goal of Smyth, but I think it all evens out because I don't think the 'Canes goalie actually had the puck when the whistle was called on the goal that was disallowed.

Quote Originally Posted by NellieDee
    ..That's pretty unfair to Ty Conklin...you make it sound like he came in when the score was 3-0. He didn't lose the game - the team did!!
    I did not mean it that Ty lost the game. The team did lose. It's just too bad that Rolo got injured for the rest of the series. It put us at a disadvantage, if only an emotional one.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    /From my point of view, this was okay to lose tonight, then we can win at home
    And I have no doubt that the Canes will win at home. It was a must win for us. I don't think we have enough to take it away from the Canes. They have been phenomenal through the playoffs.

I would not be sad to lose to them. Considering the Oilers even got to the finals!

Having said that much, I'd still love it if we did win!
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-11-2006 at 10:45 PM.

I'd thought I'd post a little funny here:
    ------------

Little David was in his 5th grade class when the teacher asked the
    children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up --
    fireman, policeman ,etc. David was being uncharacteristically quiet and
    so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay bar and takes off all his clothes
    in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out
    to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other
    children to work on some coloring, and took little David aside to ask him,
    "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," said David,

"He plays for the Calgary Flames , but I was too embarrassed to say
    that in front of the other kids."

+ Reply to Thread