+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Looks like they haven't yet decided who will play in Game 2....

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=C BC-SPORTS-V2&newsitemid=oilers-roloson&showbyline=True

I've heard that they are going to go with Markkanen (from my brother, so not a perfect source in any way! )
    Lets hope it's just something that they need to overcome and that they'll take it all the way!
    ---------------------
    opps....

It is too bad for the Oil that they lost Rollie, how unlucky.

The Canes have managed to injure a key player on every team they have faced in these playoffs, strange coincidence.

Ward was outstanding last game and he got them the win. If he keeps playing that way the Oil will have little to no chance with Ty in nets.
    It would be great though to see the Oil come back strong for Rollie and win the cup.

I hope it's a great game. MacT has just announced that the goalie tonight is NOT going to be Roloson And whoever he goes with he has faith in! Both Ty and Jussi practiced today. It's been a huge secret all day!

Let's go Oilers!
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-07-2006 at 08:06 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan View Post
    The Canes have managed to injure a key player on every team they have faced in these playoffs, strange coincidence.
    Just so this is clear, it was an Oiler who injured Roloson, not a Hurricane.

It's Jussi Markkanen in goal tonight!

Cam Ward was amazing last game. Let's hope our offence can get past him tonight.

Raleigh has been showing our sports guys and fans a fabulous time!! Along with some great food!

OILERS SHUT OUT IN GAME 2 - HURRICANES BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER

What a terrible game for the Oilers! They lost 5-0 They could not get it together tonight. Too many penalties. Not cohesive at all. And could not get more than 25 shots on goal.

Canes won this game by a long shot. And Cam Ward was again magnificent in goal. It was heartwrenching to watch if you were voting for the West. Where did the real Oilers go tonight? They certainly didn't show up at game time.

The City is quiet tonight. Dead quiet. Let's hope that home ice revives our guys. We can't blame this poor showing on the loss of Roloson only.

Last night's game was really bad..I had a feeling that was going to happen. Ward is definitely going to get the Conn Smythe, I really doubt the oil can bounce back, but you never know.

Well, we bounced back from 8th place overall, and we do better when we're down, but I don't think we'll win this year. Even so, it's been great for the fans and hockey to have such a twist.

And Cam Ward certainly deserves the Smythe. No-one would argue that!

Hope the next game is at least not as one-sided. It would be nice to win at least one against the Canes.

We're all praying for a win here tonight.

And it's Cam Ward's first time playing in the coliseum he grew up watching the Oiler's play in. He's from Alberta, you know. (Sherwood Park)

Great Hockey players always come from Canada! Alberta, actually!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Well, we bounced back from 8th place overall, and we do better when we're down, but I don't think we'll win this year. Even so, it's been great for the fans and hockey to have such a twist.
    Regardless of which team ends up winning the cup, both have a lot to be proud of this year. Before the season started, the Canes were given no chance at all of even making the playoffs, with most putting them very near or at the bottom. And the Oilers came from just barely making the playoffs, to knocking off a giant (Detroit - thank you very much!) and going on to the finals.

This has been a great year for Hockey. We had four small market teams make the conference finals, working within the new rules. I don't know much about the Oilers and Ducks since we don't get to see much of the west anymore, but the Canes and Sabres are two of the fastest teams in the East and very exciting to watch.

I have to say, I'm loving hockey again.

+ Reply to Thread