+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    I'm rooting for the Canes too! Hopefully they can tie it up again tonight.

And even though I'm rooting for the Oilers, it'll be fun to see another game tomorrow.
    Good luck to your Oilers and my Canes. It's bound to be an awesome series. I admit I don't know much about Edmonton this year, since we don't see the Western teams much anymore. But I've heard that Edmonton is the best skating team in the West, and Carolina is the best skating team in the East, so I'm looking forward to some action! And may the best team win!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdreams View Post
    LET'S GO HURRICANE'S, LET'S GOOOOO!

3rd period... 1-0 Carolina is losing. *holding breath*

WOO HOO!

I was rooting for the Canes until the Sabres got hit with so many injuries to d men.
    I've never liked the Sabres (can't stand Briere or Lindy Ruff), but they fought so hard I ended up pulling for them to win just because they seemed to have the odds stacked against them.
    Briere and Afinagenov didn't step up in this series imo.
    The focus was on their inexperienced blue line, but had the forwards stepped up more I really think Buffalo might have been able to win the series despite their setbacks.

When it really came down to it I didn't mind who won as I'm cheering Edmonton on for the Cup.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-02-2006 at 06:40 PM.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    If people aren't watching because there aren't any "big market" teams left, they're missing some of the best hockey I've seen in ages!
    There's also the problems with OLN, a lot of people don't get it on their cable systems, and not enough games in hi-def.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I was rooting for the Canes until the Sabres got hit with so many injuries to d men.
    I've never liked the Sabres (can't stand Briere or Lindy Ruff), but they fought so hard I ended up pulling for them to win just because they seemed to have the odds stacked against them.
    Briere and Afinagenov didn't step up in this series imo.
    The focus was on their inexperienced blue line, but had the forwards stepped up more I really think Buffalo might have been able to win the series despite their setbacks.

When it really came down to it I didn't mind who won as I'm cheering Edmonton on for the Cup.
    The Sabres were awesome, regardless of their injuries. They were just incredible to watch, and if I weren't a Caniac, I would probably have been cheering for them as the underdog. But they definitely don't have anything to hang their heads about.

I used to like Lindy Ruff, but I thought his comments throughout this series, regardless of why he was doing it, were just bush league.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    There's also the problems with OLN, a lot of people don't get it on their cable systems, and not enough games in hi-def.
    OLN's coverage isn't great, that's for sure. I didn't know it wasn't on most cable systems though. I do wish they had better quality announcers. Sorry, but I just don't care for Doc Emerick as an announcer. But I remember a time when I couldn't see hockey at all where I lived because it was all regional, so I'll take what I can get.

We play the Hurricaines!

This should be a GREAT matchup. Both teams are hungry for the win. The 'Canes have the best offence and the Oilers have the best penalty killing in the playoffs. Neither team has played each other for THREE years so it's unknown territory for both. Three of the 'Canes are connected to Alberta and/or the Oilers. A couple Oilers had connections to Buffalo and are happy they aren't going head-to-head .

It's been really great to have the New York Rangers offer the Oilers their amazing facility to practice in while awaiting the next game. We've had a great relationship with them over the years for many reasons. The media has also been very supportive as well.

Here At Home: The police have stated no-holds-barred that violence or stupidity will not be tolerated on Whyte Ave during the playoffs. There are no details but the public has been warned. Rexall Place has opened up it's door to families for $5 to come and sit in the stadium and watch out of town games there with concessions open. No booze allowed. Or sold. Which is great for families who could never afford to see a game or see the rink in fact. Many high schools have had their students sign their names on a list saying they will not drink and drive or commit crimes during the remainder of the playoffs. I'm amazed that it's at a point where this actually needs to be done. The real fans are the great fans.

And to add a funny twist, Dora the Explorer, who was booked at Rexall during what could possibly be GAME 6, is having to find another venue, with assistance of course. Who knew we'd need the rink in June?!

I'm hoping for a great series. Great hockey! Great players! Great plays!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Poor Dora!!

Didn't that happen earlier in the playoffs too...not that she had to find another venue, but that there was no game for a few days...I remember Don and Ron talking about it.

All I can say is GO OILERS GO
    ---------------------
    opps....

I like both teams that are in the finals, really don't have a fave. I was pulling for the Sabres but that didn't happen so I don't care who wins. Both teams deserve to be where they are and I wish them both the best!

+ Reply to Thread