+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

OILERS WIN GAME 5-4!! LEAD SERIES 3-ZIP !!

Man, I am just exhausted cheering this team on. Ahead by 4, the Ducks shook off some oil and went for the money leaving us with a one goal lead going into the end of the third with a hit off the camera in goal. We scored one more to douse their hopes. JUST DUCKY FOR THE OIL!

Everyone in the City are either hoarse or deaf from the games or BOTH. The bars almost ran out of beer last game and have had to scramble to come up with more for tonights game. It's crazy again on the Blue Mile celebrating.! WOO HOO!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    if a tree fell in a forest, but no one was around to hear it- did it actually make a sound??

yeah- same thing with hockey playoffs this year- gotta believe with the 4 sub markets remaining this has to be the lowest rated post season ever- not good at all for hockey following a strike season!!

Well, sorry Quinn, but hockey is happening here in the West!

It's been SIXTEEN LONG YEARS since we won Stanley so we're certainly enjoying the playoffs.

$3400 - the price two tickets for tonight's game went for during the news in an hour's time. Money goes to charity. The seats are in the 9th row. Crazy.

There's only been two times in playoff history when a team came from behind 3 games/ 0 and went on. It doesn't matter to me who we play... as long as it's a great series for the final. I just hope we finish off the ducks Thursday. We all need a break before the Cup finals.

BTW, wasn't it cool when the fans finished singing O Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    ...It's been SIXTEEN LONG YEARS since we won Stanley so we're certainly enjoying the playoffs. ...
    Could you find it in your heart to maybe let the Canucks win one soon?
    We've been waiting a little longer. (Vancouver Millionaires 1915; Victoria Cougars 1925).

Go Oil. (This year ).
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 05-25-2006 at 03:19 AM.

FORT Fan
    Well... we here in Philly will have to wait a bit longer it seems... until we see Lord Stanley here.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo View Post
    if a tree fell in a forest, but no one was around to hear it- did it actually make a sound??

yeah- same thing with hockey playoffs this year- gotta believe with the 4 sub markets remaining this has to be the lowest rated post season ever- not good at all for hockey following a strike season!!
    It's a shame, the playoffs have been amazing.

the game tonight between the Oilers and the Ducks has sure been surprising!

It's not over yet, but I think the Oilers got a wake up call.

DRAT THOSE PLUCKY DUCKS!! THEY WON 6-3

But it was a fairly good game. They had a 3-0 lead and we managed to tie but then that was it. I think the Oilers were just outplayed and way too tired tonight. At least some of the people who live around the Blue Mile will be able to get some sleep at home tonight. And the series continues which is good for the game and the fans in Anaheim.

The mayor of San Jose had to don an Oilers jersey, raise an Oiler's flag at City Hall and announce his office as the Oilers fan club site there. It was amusing. Apparently, our mayor has the same deal with Anaheim for this series.

Holy penalties!!

It was a good game, after the first period. That was just crazy all those calls....and too funny when Harry or Bob (commentators) commented that the refs balls were going to fall out of their whistles with all the calls!!

You are right MissKitty....atleast the series continues! Lol....I think we'll be going to a Game 6....with the Oilers taking it then!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Canes have tied up the series

Sorry, I know there isn't much Hurricane love on this board, but I had to give a shout to my team.
    I'm rooting for the Canes too! Hopefully they can tie it up again tonight.

And even though I'm rooting for the Oilers, it'll be fun to see another game tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread