+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

I'm still more than a little bummed that the Flames are out, but they played so poorly! Their effort was not what it should have been. I just hope a Canadian team takes the cup now!

I'm pretty surprised with most of the games so far. Teams that I thought would be winning are not.
    Tonight should be interesting.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Well, it's not looking too good for the Oilers against the Sharks. They took a big bite out of us in the first two games, however our team did improve some. It's pretty physical. The game is set to go on a couple of hours here and the fans are certainly pumped. However, if the Oilers lose, we will definitely be out. It's too hard to come from behind that much. But we do like to come from behind. It's been good games though.

Remember to watch for the beef being thrown on the ice. We managed to do it twice in San Jose without getting arrested! A local radio dj has been going and doing it. At the last game, he sat beside Chris Pronger's mother. And the crowd was booing Pronger heartily. She loved it.

One of the Sharks is actually from Sherwood Park, a city just east of us. The family is obviously cheering for their son. I forgot his name at the moment.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

We're into overtime!!! The crowd is wild!! Fan noise was confirmed at 114 decibals which is like standing next to a jet engine on a runway! We beat out San Jose who metered in at 108. We're the loudest fans!

Now if we can only just WIN!

What a first period! If only I could stay awake to watch the remainder of the game...there was so much hitting, and the Oilers were looking very good.

The Oilers at least have a chance now...

Ottawa, New Jersey, and Colorado are all screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    One of the Sharks is actually from Sherwood Park, a city just east of us. The family is obviously cheering for their son. I forgot his name at the moment.
    Mark Smith was born in Edmonton, and Grant Stevenson was born in Spruce Grove. Only Albertans on the team.

Holy COW! What an incredible game! OILERS WIN IN TRIPLE OVERTIME.. 3-2!
    - The throwing of the beef was successful during the national anthem.
    - Smitty lost some teeth when he got in the way of a pass from Pronger.
    - It was the longest game ever played by both the Sharks and the Oilers.
    - The Oilers also broke their team record for the most shots on goal in a game with 58. The old record was 54, set in regulation time in 1984 by the high-flying Oilers of the Wayne Gretzky-Mark Messier era.

Frankly, everyone is totally exhausted and there are many with no or poor voices today at work. Oh My....the Playoffs are just SO MUCH FUN!

OILERS WIN 6-3 OVER SHARKS ON HOME ICE

SERIES TIED 2-2
    We just proved once again that sharks can't swim in oil-infested waters! Nope. Another amazing come-from-behind game had the rafters shaking from the noise of the fans. Both teams are headed south tonight; the sharks with their little fins between their tails, needing a win at home desperately!

I wouldn't be sad if we lost the next two. Our team showed amazing heart and jutspah for making it this far; the sweet taste of victory over the Red Wings has not left us. And Smyth and Pronger can hold their heads very high after this win tonight.

GO OILERS GO...........GO OILERS GO.............GO OILERS GO....

The Sens are now DONE.

Go Edmonton!

OILERS WIN 6-3 IN THE SHARK TANK TONIGHT!

UNDERDOGS LEAD 3-2 IN SERIES

OILERS ARE ONE WIN AWAY FROM THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS!!!

- Fernando Pisani, Ryan Smyth, Stoll, and Horcoff rocked.

- The uncouth Sharks Fans actually BOOED the Canadian National Anthem before the puck was dropped
    which is just so totally juvenile, IMO.

Right on!!! I was hoping Edmonton would win!!! ... I didn't watch the game as I was feeling ill last night
    Sad that the Sharks fans booed the anthem...glad to see that they womped them in return!

I seen that Carolina beat out NJ too eh! Wow! I'm surprised. So now they met up with Buffalo right. Well I hope Buffalo kicks their butts!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

+ Reply to Thread