+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Okay...so...I need a team to root for during the playoffs to the Cup. (Cuz I always watch!!)
    What's the consensus here?

Avs. Definitely. Oh, you wanted a consensus?

Could a Wings' fan ever root for the Avs
    . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    Avs. Definitely. Oh, you wanted a consensus?

Could a Wings' fan ever root for the Avs
    . . . .
    The avs were my first pic....then DH went nuts! You cannot possibly root for Colorado! Have you lost your mind? I almost went straight out and bought a jersey just to tick him off.

I would think that would be an outright hanging offense in Detroit, much like treason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade View Post
    Cam Ward.

...At least they didn't lose 7-1.
    Cam Ward

I hope he can keep it up against the Devils

I'm cheering for the Sens and the Canes.
    I don't think the Canes have much of a chance against the Devils.
    Love the Avs mainly (actually probably solely) due to Sakic, but doubt they'll get much further.
    I'd love to see Edmonton go another round, even if it's at the expense of Calgary. Calgary can't score so I can't see them winning anyway. If they do get past Anaheim and the Oilers cotton on to "Phaneufing" Phaneuf like the Ducks have been doing Edmonton might just get past them.

She of limited hockey knowledge

Calgary Flames GO DOWN IN FLAMES to the Lucky Ducks! 3-0 final score
    That means no mega- party here in Alberta. And what would have been a HUGE rivalry in the western final. That means that Calgary fans will probably vote with the Oilers.

We're to play San Jose. Hey, that rhymes I haven't payed attention to them at all. I've been to San Jose. Nice place. Horrible vacation and awful "friend". I won't go into it. They think they're the "centre of the Universe".

Anyway, how do you think Oilers will do vs. the Sharks?

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    ..I'd love to see Edmonton go another round, even if it's at the expense of Calgary. Calgary can't score so I can't see them winning anyway...
    Thanks FLUFF!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-04-2006 at 02:10 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Anyway, how do you think Oilers will do vs. the Sharks?

I think the Sharks will take it in 5 or 6 games. I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but Thornton, Marleau and the Cheechoo train will keep on chuggin' along.

I really want the Sens to win it all, but I won't underestimate the Sabres. They have so many small guys and Chara just can't help it if his elbows smack Afinogenov or Briere in the forehead. Yes, I can just sense a large amount of powerplays...well, more than usual.

Canes vs. Devils...I hope it goes to 7 games, just so the Devils are knocked off their winning streak. After that, I don't really care. Hate them both.

Ducks and Avs, I kinda want the Ducks to win just so Theodore doesn't look like a hero.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade View Post
    They have so many small guys and Chara just can't help it if his elbows smack Afinogenov or Briere in the forehead. Yes, I can just sense a large amount of powerplays...well, more than usual.
    And, if you just even look at Briere, he'll fall to the ice and look around for a penalty. He's definitely a candidate for the Olympic dive team

Ducks and Avs, I kinda want the Ducks to win just so Theodore doesn't look like a hero.
    I had to laugh!!

I think it was after the last Colorado game and the
    headline was something along the lines of "Theo wins it for Colorado."
    I realize that it went in to OT and that does have a LOT to do with the goalies, and not that I watched much of the Colorado games in the playoffs, but it seemed that Jose was lucky, but still playing pretty crappy overall.

I agree with the "Cam Ward wins it for the Caines headlines, but not with Jose winning it for Colorado....
    No I'm not bitter that he was traded....Lol...I just don't want to see him playin well elsewhere when he sucked with the Habs this season.
    ---------------------
    opps....

+ Reply to Thread