+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Boston traded recently acquired Dave Scatchard to Phoenix for David Tanabe.

Scatchard does have an offensive, and he's a good grinder.

Tanabe is a very good skater, but he hasn't been able to become a top pair defenseman like expected.

Hi everyone, new poster here. Love the sport as a whole but I'm loyal to my Detroit Red Wings!

God, I'm so happy NHL is back

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade
    Tanabe is a very good skater, but he hasn't been able to become a top pair defenseman like expected.
    He is -54 for his career. Wonderful, just what the Bs need This looks like a salary dump.

The Habs look to be suffering big with Alexei Kovalev mssing They played awfulk against Washington. I hope they don't start a long losing streak. C'mon Habs!

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    The Habs look to be suffering big with Alexei Kovalev mssing They played awfulk against Washington. I hope they don't start a long losing streak. C'mon Habs!
    Yeah, they really do look awful...

~~~~~~~~~~~

A serious moment happened last night in Detroit. 13 minutes into the game, Wings defenceman Jiri Fischer collapsed on the bench.

His heart stopped and he had to be removed on a stretcher.

The game was stopped and it is not clear yet if the game will be cancelled or postponed (the Nashville Predators were leading 1-0)

Fischer has a history of heart troubles, and he is doing fine in hospital.

I saw the highlights from last night's Detroit game and that was scary. The puck was one side of the rink and all of a sudden, the Detroit bench is waving the refs over.

Glad he'll be okay and I think the league did the right thing in postponing the game.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

it was pretty scary watching recaps of the incident, but i am glad that he seems to be doing a lot better today. thankfully, he's going to be alright.

Yes, it was a very scary moment. I was watching the game as it all panned out and let me tell you it was a freaky thing to watch. I've never seen anything like it. as soon as I saw the CPR being done I knew it was bad. I'm so thankful they had a defibulator there to assist him. I'm trained each year in CPR and use of a defib. I'm thankful they had one to use.

Jiri is one of my favorite players, it was so sad. I've never heard a stadium so quiet and concerned. I now wonder what tjis will do to his career.

reminds me to much of losing Vladi years ago.

Fisher was just released fro the hospital and is now home recovering.

Wings play the Av's tonight, go wings.

I'm so excited! I get no TV reception in my dorm at school, so tonight will be the first hockey game of the season that I'll get to watch. Go Avs!

+ Reply to Thread