+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Pavel Bure has offcially retired. He hasn't played in 2 years, so it was expected.

Just..disappointing. He was my favourite player. Just a fun guy to watch.

Too bad he's not playing in today's NHL.

709 games played and 779 points. The Russian Rocket will contend for a spot in the hockey hall of fame.

Bure will now take over as GM of the Russian Olympic Team.

wasn't pavel married to one of the "full house" girls? or am i mistaken.
    that's too bad he's retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel
    wasn't pavel married to one of the "full house" girls? or am i mistaken.
    That's Valeri Bure, who's currently injured and playing for the Kings.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

ah, thank you. i knew it was a "bure", i just wasn't sure which one.

Anaheim is 7-6-3, good enough for 12th in the West and 5th in the Pacific division

Their leading scorer is Teemu Selanne, surprisingly. The guy just seems to need a Ducks uniform to put up big numbers.

Goaltending hasn't been so bad. Their starter Jean-Sebastien Giguere has a GAA of 2.43, which is actually good in today's NHL.

Atlanta has been a major disappointment, going 6-9-1 which earns them 14th in the East and 4th in the Southwest division.

Scoring hasn't been a problem. Their offensive players have been putting up good numbers, with Marian Hossa and Marc Savard leading the way.

Goaltending...arguably the best part of Atlanta's roster going into the season, it's fell apart about 3 games in.

Boston can't seem to win games against their division (Good news for us Habs fans). They're 7-6-5, but still gets them 6th in the East and 3rd in the Northeast.

Scoring is fine enough, Joe Thornton has 26 points in 15 games. Then there's the little sidekicks, Samsonov and Murray...then PJ Axelsson. He has 14 points in 18 games, which is the expected point total people predict for him in all 82 games. A nice bonus for the Bruins.

Scoring is fine, but their defense has allowed more goals than their offence has scored. Raycroft and Toivunen haven't been living up to expectations and are very even in terms of GAA, and Toivunen should take this chance to run away with the starter's job.

Buffalo is what they are every year - average. They're 8-8-0 for 8th in the East, but proving that the Northeast is very strong, they're 5th in their division.

Their offence is lead by Daniel Briere, who has 10 goals. Thomas Vanek hasn't been a major scoring threat like expected, but maybe that'll change since he got his first few goals.

Miller was doing very well, and the Sabres were winning, and then came his injury. Biron and Noronen have been awful. Simply awful.

Calgary was off to a slow start, but Kipper is back to his old self and the Flames are 9-7-2, good enough for 6th in the West and 3rd in the Northwest.

Their offence is led by Jarome Iginla, but what else is new? Dion Phanuef has 11 points, and he's performing well.

Like I said, Kiprusoff is back again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

This will be continued, and it'll be in alphabetical order and I'll be doing 5 teams at a time.

i'm so happy the flames are back!!

also Rusicade, glad to see you're a fan of Corner Gas!!!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade

Scoring is fine, but their defense has allowed more goals than their offence has scored. Raycroft and Toivunen haven't been living up to expectations and are very even in terms of GAA, and Toivunen should take this chance to run away with the starter's job.
    Goaltending hasn't been the problem, those 2 guys have played very well. Don't let the GAA fool you, they'd be in last if it wasn't for them. The D has been terrible, and backchecking forwards have been awful too.

Carolina has been the surprise team so far. Led by Eric Staal, the Canes are 12-3-1 for 2nd in the East and 1st in the Southeast.

No complaints with their offence, Eric Staal has proven himself to be a superstar or at least very close. Cole, Whitney, Cullen, Brind'Amour, and Stillman have also done well offensively.

Last night was how I thought the Canes defence would play like (9-0 loss to Atlanta) but so far have been solid, same with goaltending.

Chicago is 6-11-0. That'll get them 3rd in the Central division, but only 13th in the West.

Go to Chicago, get back injuries. Chicago's only two powerful offensive forces going into the season (Tuomo Ruutu and Eric daze) are out with back injuries and it's lucky that others are picking up the slack. Pavel Vorobiev has 15 points in 17 games.

The Bulin Wall doesn't look like a champ. Even if the Hawks D is horrific (4 out of 6 regular defensemen are minuses), Khabibulin shouldn't have a 3.71 GAA.

Colorado doesn't need Forsberg to win. They're 9-5-2 for 7th in the west and 3rd in the Northwest.

Turgeon highlights a list of players that are doing very well offesively. Forsberg does have his 20-something points, but this year every single player on Colorado's top 3 lines has over 10 points, except for Milan Hejduk, but he's missed a few games.

The Av's top defense pair (Rob Blake and Karlis Skrastins) are the only d-men with minuses. Kind of surprised me, but otherwise, the defense looks okay.

Since I'm a Habs fan who was never critical of Brisebois, I have to note that he's +8.

Columbus, whatta disaster. Zherdev slumping, Nash's foot hurting. They're 5-12-0 for 14th in the West and 4th in the Central division. Heh, that's where they were 2 years ago.

Bryan Berard shouldn't be your leading scorer, but I can see it happening since he did it with Chicago last season.

Berard also sports a -9. Martin Prusek is one of the few good things on Columbus, he has a 2.06 GAA in his 4 games.

Dallas is 10-6-1, 6th in the West and 2nd in the Pacific.

Offence has been good. Guerin may be disappointing with only 10 points in 16 games, but nothing else sticks out.

Same with defence. Nothing sticks out.

Ugh. I've been sick the past few days, and during that time, you probably heard about Fedorov being traded to Columbus. I'm just wondering who Anaheim will have as their top center...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Detroit is 1st overall!

Detroit has a surprisingly strong offence this year. Justin Williams and Mikael Samuelsson are two guys you'd never heard of 2 years ago, and then there's Tomas Holmstrom. The other Detroit veterans are still scoring, as well.

The new Grind Line (Maltby, Yzerman, Draper) are the only minuses on the team.
    Legace is certainly the #1 goalie now, winning defensive player of the month in October.

Edmonton is 11-9-1 for 3rd in the Northwest and 7th in the West.

Edmonton hasn't had a scoring star in...does it go all the way back to the 80's? Shawn Horcoff, Ales Hemsky, and Jarret Stoll are putting up impressive numbers, but the 3 of them combine for only 14 goals. Ryan Smyth has 11 goals, and Raffi Torres has 10.

Conklin was terrible, and I'm not so sure of how Markkanen is doing. The only thing I really know about Edmonton's defense is that Pronger has been a bit disappointing.

Florida, I don't hear a lot about them. A 6-10-4 record gets them 13th in the East and 3rd in the Southeast.

Their offence has been pretty weak. Olli Jokinen leads the team with only 17 points.

The defence isn't so grand, either. Kristian Huselius is an embarassing -10.

Los Angeles hasn't been a surprise to me, but many predictions placed them out of the playoffs. 2nd in the West means 1st in the Pacific or a spot in the playoffs so far.

The offence looks fantastic, although I notice that Roenick has only 8 points in 19 games.

LaBarbera has been a surprise, and a good one!

Minnesota...has fallen off track. 8-9-2 for 5th in the Northwest and 11th in the West.

Their offence got off to great start, and I thought it still was. P-M Bouchard leads the team in scoring with an average 15 points.

Manny Fernandez has been great this season, though. Don't know if he still is, though.
    Last edited by Rusicade; 11-18-2005 at 05:11 AM.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar

to the officiating in the Flyers/Thrashers game tonight...
    two very questionable hooking calls in the last 2 minutes of the game, forced the flyers to play shorthanded 6-3... a huge no call on Gagne getting pulled down from behind on an empty net breakaway- quickly followed by the thrasher equalizer with 7 seconds left...
    i've never been so frustrated watching a hockey game- ever... that was horrible...

+ Reply to Thread