+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

I'd have to say I like the rule changes so far too.
    I couldn't believe the Habs/Leafs Game Saturday, seemed like a goal everytime we turned around! Loved the outcome too!!!
    There is definately more speed to the game and more chances. Hubby isn't too fond of the number of penalties called either, but really...if you do the crime, you do the time right?
    ---------------------
    opps....

I love all the rule changes, especially the icing one, I think it's great.

I was at the Habs home opener yesterday and it was so exciting even though they lost

I am so happy hockey is back, I love it. My daughter is in love with Sheldon Souray, she's got great taste

Never liked hockey! Probably never will! However, with the changes I might give it a shot. It's that or being a hockey widow. My husband who always liked hockey but didn't care too much if he saw a game or not is now a hockey fanatic (it's the strike's fault). If you can't beat them, join them.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I love all the rule changes, especially the icing one, I think it's great.
    ELf....what is the icing rule change? We were trying to figure it out, but came up empty.

Can anyone list ALL of the rule changes? I only really know of one major one...the center line dealio.

thanks!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Here is one site that has the rule changes:

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/rules_changes072205.html

I'm actually liking the new flow to the game. It's exciting, and I certainly like seeing scoring--instead of clutching and grabbing an entire game. The shape of the goal crease is going to take some getting used to, though! I'm thrilled hockey is back.

Eva ~ That must have been awesome to be at the Bell Centre despite the loss...it was a great game! I must say your daughter has great taste!! When Hubby bought me a Habs jersey last year it was Souray!

Definately don't miss the clutching and grabbing and hanging off the boards for minutes on end with the puck in their skates!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Mr Dob...the icing change is that the team who ices the puck can't make a line change. What's so great about it is that before when the guys were tired they would ice the puck to get off anf change and now they can't, it's great!

Hi wwhippet...I've missed you! I have great pics with Sheldon. Send me your e-mail addy again and I will send them to you.

JR.
    Eh, I'm split on the new rules. I like how the game has opened up, especially the touch-up offsides, that's the way it's supposed to be.
    It seems like all of the penalties have taken a lot of the hitting out, guys seem afraid to even bump someone. I hate the shootout, I think it's a raw deal for the goalies.

I like the shootout ~ I guess it is kind of a raw deal for the Goalies J.R....but they do still get a point ~ two if they stop more then the other guy! , I really like that aspect of it! I'm sure as we get into the season more, we'll see more saves on the shoot out.
    ---------------------
    opps....

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I'm liking the new rules. Since I'm in the Capitals area I am guaranteed 7-10 goals a game. 2 by Ovechkin and 5-8 by the other team!!!! I will admit that hitting is down right now but the hits I've seen have been boomers. I hope the players quickly figure out what's legal and what's not so they can really start knocking each other around. I also like all the new names at the tops of the leader boards. Of course, it's killing my fantasy hockey teams, but it's fun.

+ Reply to Thread