+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

Lemme see here...

The Sabres made a weird move today, sending speedy forward Milan Bartovic to Chicago for Michael Leighton, a goaltender. Buffalo already has plenty of NHL-calibre goalies, which makes it kind of weird.

I suppose the Sabres acquired Leighton to be the Rochester Americans (The Sabres' AHL affiliate) starter, which makes it pretty much definite (it kinda already was...) that Noronen or Biron will be on their way out of Buffalo.

The Rangers' Dale Purinton has been suspended 10 games (already!) for an eye gouging incident during a fight with Colton Orr of Boston. This is Purintons' third suspension for attempting to injure players.

The Jackets claimed offenceman Andy Delmore off of waivers.

The Wild claimed Randy Robitaille off waivers.
    Last edited by Rusicade; 10-04-2005 at 08:51 PM.

Well....got Habs/Sens tickets for the 27th!! Woo Hoo!! Can't wait!!
    I'm sooooo happy Hockey is back!!

We already have plans with the Leafs fans in the family for the Habs to kick the Leafs butt on the 8th too!! Love figuring out plans around hockey games!!

As a side note....hubby and I walked into the Hall at our wedding to the Hockey Night in Canada Theme!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Good start to the season last night (In fact, the NHL set a record for attendance last night!). Too bad I couldn't watch the Habs game, but they won, so I'm happy.

Ottawa and Toronto was a great game, although the shootout wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. Mats Sundin and Jeff O'Neill got injured. Only Sundin's is serious-fractured orbital bone around his left eye.

I'm up for the Habs vs. Rangers tonight! HABS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexander Ovechkin is already in the record books, becoming the first number 1 pick to score more than a goal in his NHL debut.

Offence was promised, and the NHL did not disappoint. An average of 6.33 goals were scored per game last night

Besides Ovechkin, a few rookies got onto the scoreboard. Mike Richards, Zach Parise, and of course...Sidney Crosby.
    Last edited by Rusicade; 10-06-2005 at 07:35 PM.

Nice to see a fellow Habs fan!! Go Habs Go!!

Looks like Quinn is already complaining about the shoot out last night - wonder if he would have said he didn't like the shoot out if his team won it??
    ---------------------
    opps....

The Jackets have lost Rick Nash and Gilbert Brule to injury already, and not even Foote can save you from that disaster.

Good news for the Panthers, Luongo's on a hot streak. Two shutouts in two games against two teams that are called strong offensive teams.

Fedor Fedorov (Yes, Sergei's brother) asked for a trade, and got it. The Rangers seem to be collecting players that were almost given up on, so they gladly acquired him. Jozef Balej will be heading to Vancouver in exchange - future RW for the Sedin line?

And many people are saying that Kovalchuk is finally under contract.

5-4! 5-4!

The Habs won.

In other news, the Blue Jackets traded Geoff Sanderson and AHler Tim Jackman to Phoenix for defenceman Cale Hulse, speedy winger Jason Chimera, and Mike Rupp.

A week into the new season, what does everyone think about the new rules?

I love how open the game seems to be. I could do without every sneeze being called a penalty, but the scoring certainly has seen a spike.

Too bad the Leafs suck. Meh.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I really like how the game has opened up!!! I watched the Avs home opener last night, and was just amazed at the skating and the scoring that was going on. Passing seems to have increased too.

I'm not going to bitch about the penalty calling, because to me it seems to open the game up even more. As long as they call the fouls both ways, I would think there would be a lot more power play opportunities for both sides, and that is one of my favorite parts of the game...watching the power play both defensivly and offensively.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I can't really say if I like all the rules, since I've only watched one game (Ottawa vs. Toronto)

The shootout was kind of ..."meh" for me.
    The two line passing is great, though! Loved watching Martin Havlat speed down the wings and get more than a few great chances.

I don't mind a ton of power-plays. I find them to be pretty exciting and there's always a chance a really nice goal will be scored.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And in hockey news, my beloved Habs lost to Ottawa.

Oh, but I really meant to edit my post because of Bryan Marchment getting a deal with the Calgary Flames.

Watch out! Phaneuf and Marchment on the blueline!
    Last edited by Rusicade; 10-11-2005 at 11:14 PM.

Every Flames game i watch or check out the score on they lose!! So i'm going to stop watching.

I like the rules. I like the intensity that seems present close to the end of tied games now. it's almost like they're working just a little harder so they don't have to, or have to go into a shoot-out.

+ Reply to Thread