+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

The Blues are really pursuing All MacInnis' services, even if he retires. They'll offer him an front office job.

The B's need to re-sign two important players, Nick Boynton and Andrew Raycroft. Problem is, the B's reportedly don't want to spend more than 2.5 million. Good luck to the B's.

The Habs still need to re-sign Michael Ryder, although rumors are saying he'll be heading to Tampa (once he's re-signed) in a deal involving Brad Richards.

Peter Bondra is leaning towards the Caps right now, but he wants more than the 1 year 1.5 million contract he was offered. The Caps contract with Alexander Ovechkin could be more as much as 3.9 million. Wow.

The Devils are at 44 million right now, over the salary cap. They still need to sign Paul Martin, but expect Viktor Kozlov or Jeff Friesen to be moved.

Don't expect this to happen, but San Jose has offered Scott Stevens a deal.

Carolina owner Peter Karmanos is baffled by most of the GMs spending money like crazy even after the lock-out was just resolved only a short while ago.

Say goodbye to two great players...

Vincent Damphousse and Scott Stevens have decided to end their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade
    Say goodbye to two great players...

Vincent Damphousse and Scott Stevens have decided to end their careers.
    Damphousse retired? I had heard he wanted to come to Montreal to end his career, kind of glad he didn't, I was never a big fan of his to begin with.

I will miss Scott.

For those of you who know me...I am really excited because Claude Lemieux is the owner of the Phoenix Roadrunners (a minor league team). I will still get to get updates on him. I'm so glad he didn't leave hockey for good. I see him as GM of an NHL team 1 year, I know that was 1 of his goals a while back, hope it still is.

I also feel so old...Ryan Walter's son was drafted by an NHL team (I forget who) and I remember the day he was born...YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    Damphousse retired? I had heard he wanted to come to Montreal to end his career, kind of glad he didn't, I was never a big fan of his to begin with.

I also feel so old...Ryan Walter's son was drafted by an NHL team (I forget who) and I remember the day he was born...YIKES!
    Damphousse wouldn't be a good fit on Montreal anyway. The Habs need goal-scorers, not more playmakers.

I've never heard of Ryan Walter.

I just found out that before the Isles and Rick Dipietro settled on a 1 year 1.5 million contract, the Isles offered him a FIFTEEN YEAR, SIXTY MILLION contract. Luckily Dipietro saved Milbury from looking stupid once again. (Think Alexei Yashin)

Oh, and the more well-known stories are that Pavel Datsyuk signed with Avangard Omsk and Henrik Zetterberg has re-signed with Detroit.

Too bad, really. Datsyuk and the new rules would make for excellent hockey.

Buffalo defenseman James Patrick has retired, as well. Not an elite player at all, he still played in over 1200 games and nearly scored 650 points.

And the Leafs might sign..eh..Maruisz Czerkawski.(Did I spell that right?...)

I hope not. The Leafs getting even a little bit better is no good in my books.

The B's need to re-sign two important players, Nick Boynton and Andrew Raycroft. Problem is, the B's reportedly don't want to spend more than 2.5 million. Good luck to the B's.
    Yeah, the Bs really need to sign them. I am NOT happy that my av is still unsigned.

Big Al Mac is gonna retire tomorrow. Man it'll be wierd not having him, Stevens and Vinny play anymore. They've been playing since I've been watching the NHL.

Mark Messier has retired at age 44. After 25 seasons. The Rangers will retire his jersey number on Jan. 12.

Awwww........I always liked Messier. Even if he didn't play for Boston.

Best of luck in the future Mark!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Mark Messier has retired at age 44. After 25 seasons. The Rangers will retire his jersey number on Jan. 12.

Awwww........I always liked Messier. Even if he didn't play for Boston.

Best of luck in the future Mark!
    Yes, I hope to see more commercials for Lays.

Ah, well, he had a great career. Over 1600 games and 1800 points, and if he played this season he might've been able to pass Gordie Howe in games played.

Who knows, maybe we'll see Messier back in his 50's.

In other hockey news that is sure to only make me happy, Olli Jokinen and Mike Van Ryn have re-signed with Florida. Yay!...?

Yes, I hope to see more commercials for Lays.
    I love the Lay's commercials!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread