+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Returns: 2005

The Habs absolutely need to sign him. He's the most important guy.

And now I have to deal with the CBC lock-out! Hopefully it'll be resolved before hockey season starts...

Finally! Some well-known players have been signed today!

Alexander Mogilny is returning to New Jersey, which is kinda interesting. Perhaps NJ will be an offensive team now? Good move, though, Scott Gomez has excellent chemistry with Patrik Elias and Alexander Mogilny-which could mean one of the best lines this season.

CuJo is goaltending in Phoenix for a year, but his salary is only 900 000 bucks.

The Bruins re-signed defensive forward Travis Green.

The Panthers signed Jozef Stumpel.

The Canucks may sign Anson Carter. Whatever happened to him? He got traded by the Oilers and after that, he was traded every week or...somethin' like that...

Paul Coffey will have his #7 retired in Edmonton October 18th.

Interesting...reports are saying that the Sens will trade elite d-man Wade Redden to make room for the salary cap.

And Anson Carter was signed by Vancouver for 1 year/1 million...pending physical...?

Florida, Detroit and LA are the rumored to be the front-runners for Sens Defenceman Wade Redden.I hope it's Florida.

And I hope that Montreal does sign last season's #1 bust: Teemu Selanne.(I don't think that Selanne will disappoint again)

Rumors saying that Bondra will be heading back to Washington. Anything would help the Caps right now...

JR.
    Have I mentioned how much I hate Jacobs? Is he really expecting to win back fans with that crappy reduction? I knew that miser would do this, I hope the building is empty.

Bruins drop prices on two-thirds of tickets

August 19, 2005

Individual game tickets range in price from a $10 for balcony ticket -- down $9 from 2003-2004 -- to a $99 rink-side ticket. Among the higher end tickets that fell in price were loge seats on either end of the goal, which dropped from $85 to $79.

Tickets that didn't drop in price are remaining at their 2003-2004 levels.

"The lower ticket prices are the first step in providing our fans with a great entertainment value," said Charlie Jacobs, Bruins executive vice president.

The team is giving free admission to children under 12 for 10 games before Thanksgiving and offering discounts to various promotions throughout the year.

During a fan appreciation night scheduled for Oct. 20, season ticket holders will be admitted free and 20 fans will receive jerseys worn that night by the team.

Individual tickets go on sale Sept. 10. Season tickets and mini-plan packages are already on sale.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...ds_of_tickets/

WOW! Ottawa sends Marion Hossa and Greg De Vries to Atlanta for Dany Heatley. Hossa was making a bit too much money, and Heatley wanted a change in scenery, and Atlanta's blueline is lacking a defensive D-man, and Ottawa finally has a top-line left winger. Heatley will make 13.5 million over 3 years.

The Mighty Ducks signed the Finnish Flash (Teemu Selanne) back for a second stint in Anaheim, but traded skilled-yet-injury-prone center Steve Rucchin to the Rangers for some guy and a conditional draft pick. The Ducks went and traded another third of their 2nd line by dealing away Mike LeClerc to Phoenix for a conditional draft pick.
    Last edited by Rusicade; 08-23-2005 at 10:20 PM.

I guess Dave Andreychuk wants to play until he's well into his forties, the Lightning signed him to a 2-year contract.

Calgary has defencemen to spare, so they traded young Finnish defenceman Toni Lydman to Buffalo for a conditional draft pick.

Minor deal here, Anaheim traded defenseman Mark Popovic to Atlanta for D/LW thug Kip Brennan.

Some arbitration results...

Roberto Luongo-the backbone of the Florida Panthers- has agreed to a 1-year 3.2 million contract, which means the Panthers won.

One of the Sharks break-out players Alexander Korolyuk has decided to play in Russia.

The Sensadded some minor-league players to the roster, adding Jeff Hereema.

For some reason, the Thrashers signed Mike Dunham. Doesn't make much sense, since Kari Lehtonen is ready to be #1 and Dunham is being wasted in a #2 role (although Dunham self-destructed last season. He was terrible.). Besides that, it might hurt Lehtonen if fellow Finn Pasi Nurminen isn't there.

The Canucks can't find a good back-up these days, so they signed Brent Johnson. Canucks are taking another risk on another one-year wonder (last season's Johan Hedberg didn't go so well)

The NHLPA reportedly improporly named TED SASKIN executive director.

Jose Theodore has been re-signed by the Habs.

3 years and 16 million.

the Penguins signed journeyman veteran defenceman Lyle Odelein

And linesman Kevin Collins retired after 28 seasons and 2200 games.

+ Reply to Thread