+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wie driving to make the cut in men's PGA event

Wie driving to make the cut in men's PGA event

Wie stands at -3 in round two, and the projected cut is -2, perhaps as low as -3. If she can play even par the rest of the round, she will become the first woman (eta: first woman in 60 years), and likely the youngest player male or female, to make a PGA tour cut.
    Last edited by Bill; 07-08-2005 at 05:30 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Wie looked to be in excellent position through about 14 holes, but then the floor fell out from under her game. Falling to -1 on 17, she now has no chance to make it. Too bad.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

At her age, it is still a pretty impressive performance. I just hope she doesn't burn out on golf by the time she is 19.

I wanted to see her make the cut. It would have been interesting and to see if VJ Sihg (sp) would refuse to play again.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    I'm torn on this... one side of me wants to see her make the cut at a pro event, the other side of me wants her to go back to juniors and learn how to WIN!

Tiger Woods is great b/c he came up thru the ranks and beat the crap out of his competition at every level- juniors, h.s., college, pros... Michelle Wie's parents seem to think that just by playing with the pro men will make her better- and to a certain extent it will- but it doesnt teach her to WIN! it teaches her that a top 20 finish is good enought? see for example her last round meltdown at the women's us open a few weeks ago- she had a chance to win and she choked it away. Go back to juniors and learn how to close the deal and win...

as for the dog and pony show... meh, her parents are all about the publicity.

+ Reply to Thread