+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Le Tour De France

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    How these talented, hard-working professional cyclists go careers selflessly supporting their team captains and making sacrifices (not going for stage wins) in the name of their captain's yellow jerseys, I'll never know.
    $$$$ never hurts. Lance gives his One Million Dollar prize for winning the tour to his 8 teammates for them to split up. I can think of worse things then making (at least) $125,000/ year to ride/race bicycles!

During the rest of the year (ie. Dauphne, Vuelta Espana, Giro de Italia), Lance rides support for his teammates. Hincapie had a fantastic chance this year to win the prestigious Duphne-Libere with Lance as his domestique. So while we in the US see one bike race a year (albeit the Super Bowl of bike racing)- there's plenty of other opportunities for members of Team Discovery to shine.

If I was say Hincapie, while resting in my million dollar home after I retire, I think I would still ask myself "Out of all those years, would I have had the chance to win the tour at least once, if Lance hadn't been captain?" and that question would have annoyed me very much. After so many years of getting so much money, the accomplishments start mattering more.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

It's official.... Lance has won his 7th straight Tour de France.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Congratz to Lance!

Incredible achievement
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I just finished watching yesterday and today's stages. Congrats to Lance as well as the other American riders. I think it was good for USA to have a good showing in hopes of retaining viewership and increasing popularity for next year.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Unbelievable accomplishment!
    This was Lance's 11th tour, 7th post cancer tour. prior to cancer, Lance was an above average rider- not the quality of a tour win- but a stage win here or there... How does an average rider beat cancer and come out of it as the best endurance athlete in all of sports?? Absolutely amazing- a huge testament to human will power (on so many different levels)!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123