+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBA Draft 2005

NBA Draft 2005

The news in Portland is abuzz with the report that the Blazers have dealt the #3 pick in tonight's draft to Utah, for both of their 1st round picks this year (#6 and #27) plus a the 2006 1st round pick Utah owns from Detroit.

The only question is, which point guard will Utah take? Chris Paul or Deron Williams?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The news in Portland is abuzz with the report that the Blazers have dealt the #3 pick in tonight's draft to Utah, for both of their 1st round picks this year (#6 and #27) plus a the 2006 1st round pick Utah owns from Detroit.

The only question is, which point guard will Utah take? Chris Paul or Deron Williams?
    That's a tough call. I've seen a lot more of Deron Williams, and like him a lot, but don't know if he's a #3 pick. If I had the #3 pick, I'd take Gerald Green and find a point guard somewhere else.

I haven't seen much of Gerald Green, but I've been really impressed with what I have seen. I know everyone raves about Marvin Williams, but I saw a few UNC games, and he didn't really impress me as being worthy of such a high draft pick. If I'm taking a project, I'd go with Gerald.

Well, so much for my boy Gerald Green being a top 5 pick! I think a lot of teams will regret not taking him, though. Time will tell.

Here's a link to the ESPN Sports Guy's NBA Draft Diary. It's pretty funny, and too long to post:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/050629

After the disaster with the Raptors pick last year I did not really have high expectations this year. Rob Babcock has so far not made any decisions that put him in any danger of winning NBA executive of the year. When the ESPN guys totally ripped Babcock for picking Villenuava (I am sure that I spelt that wrong) I was really down in the dumps. I have been searching for a silver lining all day. The best that I have come up with so far is that at least all 4 picks want to come here.

I take solice in that guys like Chad Ford liked Portland's pick, even though Dick "the only players that matter are in college... and not foreign colleges mind you" Vitale ripped them.

Mike Dunleavy (of the Clips, so take it with a grain of salt) said something on the radio that rings true. He noted that the commentators don't spend time overseas, or at the high school level, whereas the average NBA team employs dozens of experts to do just that. I think that rings true, in that I have yet to see anyone who I would call the Mel Kiper of NBA drafting.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by William13
    After the disaster with the Raptors pick last year I did not really have high expectations this year. Rob Babcock has so far not made any decisions that put him in any danger of winning NBA executive of the year. When the ESPN guys totally ripped Babcock for picking Villenuava (I am sure that I spelt that wrong) I was really down in the dumps. I have been searching for a silver lining all day. The best that I have come up with so far is that at least all 4 picks want to come here.
    I don't mean to make you feel worse than you already do, I really don't, but do you watch CITY TV? I was watching Kathryn Humphreys yesterday on CablePulse24 and she started off with something like: "Coming up, the Raptors tradition of making bonehead draft picks continues." Later on she did a funny piece on Jeremy Roenick. She cracks me up.

Sorry.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread