+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon 2005

Wimbledon 2005

Wimbledon starts in four days (June 20) and I am wondering what predictions you guys have. They have put up the draws at Wimbledon.com.

Alicia Molik(9) already withdrew. I think Serena has a good chance of winning. I would like to see Mary Pierce do well to prove that she still has something in her. She really moved up in the rankings, from 21 to 12, ranking higher than Venus(14). First time Wimbledon participant, Ana Ivanovic moved up eight spots from the French Open.

And what about Nadal? Can he prove that he isn't just a clay court player. Only time will tell...

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    AI! I'm back on FoRT if only for the tennis. I missed much of the French Open discussions.
    Last edited by unexplained; 06-20-2005 at 03:09 AM.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

R.Federer def. P.Mathieu, 6-4 6-2 6-4
    A.Myskina def. K.Bohmova, 5-7 7-6(4) 6-4
    S.Kuznetsova def. R.Llewellyn, 6-0 6-1
    E.Likhovtseva def. A.Smashnova, 6-2 6-2

Early scare for Anastasia but she made it.
    Predictable score for Federer.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

unexplained. Thanks for posting the results so far. Who do you think is going to make the men's and women's finals? While you are here for the tennis, you should check out some of the changes to FORT.

guys! I forgot it was on! Lindsay is on right now and up 6-0, 5-2.

ETA: She won in 41 minutes.

Other winners of the day include Taylor Dent, Amelie Mauresmo, and Lleyton Hewitt.
    Ai Sugiyama lost in the found round! She is one of my favorites and is getting eliminated so early. She was eliminated first round at Roland Garros! Patty Schnyder (10) lost in three sets.

PAOLA SUAREZ had to drop out of Wimbledon in both singles and doubles (number 1 in doubles). I think she would have had a great first round match againest Amelie Mauresmo.

Anastasia Myskina isn't very good I've realized. Sure she won at Roland Garros last year but since then at the majors she always seems to be getting out early. Another interesting thing is because Venus is not ranked high, her and Serena could be playing in round four!
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 06-20-2005 at 11:01 AM.

Mariner! My tennis pal! AI.

My picks for the finals includes Tim Henman (I'm still holding onto the hope for a British man to win this since 1936), Andy Roddick, a fluke Nadal?, and disdainly Roger Federer.

I'm rooting for Justine Henin-Hardenne all the way.

(p/s: The registration is the only thing that changed, isnt it?)

FORT Fogey
    i can't wait for serena and venus to meet up. well kind of concerned with venus, she is just not doing good. She might even get eliminated on 2nd round.

Henin-Hardenne and Daniilidou have a very tough match going.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Karlovic just broke the record for most aces in a match at Wimbledon. He's 6'10" and according to Andy Roddick the angle at which you have to return his serve is one you don't see against anyone else.

Henin-Hardenne has faced down a few match points against her already. Still battling.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast