+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon 2005

Serena wins 2-6, 6-3, 6-2.
    Murray brings hope back to the British in his first Grand Slam tournement by beating 14th seed 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.

ETA: Mary Pierce won 4-6, 7-6, 9-7
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 06-23-2005 at 01:54 PM.

I was so sad about Henman

But then Andrew Murray came and cheered up Brits all around the UK

I hope he does well as he is going to have an awful lot of pressure now.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quite the match between Myskina & Jankovic. Myskina won the first set 6-0. Jankovic was up 5-1 in the second last, then Myskina came back to make it 6-6. Myskina then had many match points, but Jankovic won the set. Now they are 7-7 third set. Myskina had 30 break points, only has converted on 7 of them. Myskina had 49 unforced errors and Janovic has 55, with 10 double faults.

Some other results: Hewitt, Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Mauresmo, Likhovtseva and Dent won. Safin lost in three.

Roger Federer, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Kim Clijsters, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Lindsay Davenport, Mary Pierce, and Nadia Petrova all won today.

Some great matches coming up:

Roger Federer v. Juan Carlos Ferrero
    Lleyton Hewitt v. Taylor Dent
    Lindsay Davenport v. Kim Clijsters (should be amazing)
    Amelie Mauresmo v. Elena Likhovtseva
    Anastasia Myskina v. Elena Dementieva (last year's French Open final match)
    Nathalie Dechy v. Maria Sharapova
    Venus Williams v. (possibly Serena)

AIWANNABE,
    Are you watching Murray/Nalbandian? Murray just broke in the first game. If Nalbandian isn't careful, he's going to get overwhelmed by the crowd which is not too surprisingly pro 18 year old British Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    AIWANNABE,
    Are you watching Murray/Nalbandian? Murray just broke in the first game. If Nalbandian isn't careful, he's going to get overwhelmed by the crowd which is not too surprisingly pro 18 year old British Murray.
    I'm watching. It looks like Nalbandian broke back as it is 3-4, on serve, with Murray serving.

ETA: Hantuchova just had a great match with Venus that ended less than two hours ago and now she is playing doubles with Sugiyama. She must be pooped!

Murray won the first set in the tiebreaker!

I can't stand NBC coverage. They show matches of people I don't like, Roddick, and don't even show them live. Right now the match is nearing the end of the third set, yet on NBC they are only starting the second set.

I was so rooting for Hantuchova in that match...Almost all her shots were all spot on but unfortunately she lacked the strength of Venis Williams.. I hope she goes far in the doubles competition
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

And Serena bows out in the third round to Jill Craybus. She has looked terrible all week and is supposedly injured, so her loss isn't as surprising as it might otherwise be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    And Serena bows out in the third round to Jill Craybus. She has looked terrible all week and is supposedly injured, so her loss isn't as surprising as it might otherwise be.
    It is still dissapointing however. Her father kept telling her not to enter Wimbledon as she is so sick and injured. The only reason she entered was because it was Wimbledon. This was her earliest exit in a major this millennium. It was also quite the day for Craybus; this is the first time she has beaten anyone within the top 10. It will be interesting to see Venus take on Craybus. Will Venus take revenge for her sister or will Craybus roll over two Williams sisters?

Sad to see Murray leave after winning the first two sets. Maria Sharapova, Nadia Petrova, Roger Federer (he actually dropped a set), Andy Roddick, Sebastien Grosjean and Guillermo Coria all won today.

The woman who beat Henin-Hardenne, Eleni Daniilidou, was eliminated today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast