+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 US Open Golf

2005 US Open Golf

Goosen is out in the lead early at -3. Tiger is even, but looks to be warming up.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

The greens look brutal. I always get perverse pleasure out of watching the pros hit shots that roll back off the green. Rocco Mediate is now tied for the lead at -3.

It is looking like the leaders will be coming back to the field today. Mickelson is out and +4 for the day already. Nasty conditions.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Phil is definitely struggling. I don't think his prediction that +10 will win is going to come true, but the course is not being kind. It's interesting watching Ryan Moore who is a local kid play his last tournament as an amateur. Vijay Singh is so good hitting his driver. It's quite impressive.

Man I wish Singh had the problems and not Phil. Well at least Vijay had a bogey on 16 & 17. Oh, did I mention that I don't like the guy.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty
    Man I wish Singh had the problems and not Phil. Well at least Vijay had a bogey on 16 & 17. Oh, did I mention that I don't like the guy.
    I think we got it Tigerusty. Vijay today was the poster child for drive for show, putt for dough.

It gets worse for Phil. He took an 8 this morning early on. I am afraid he is out of it completely now.

I'm rooting for Gore at the moment. I'm sure he'll fall apart, but I'm a sucker for an underdog story. This could be a huge break for him if he can hold it together.

Gore is holding it together so far. Very fun to watch.

It seems that whoever can make the long putts is going to make it to the end without self-destructing. Tiger is just not making the putts to get the birdies...his speed is off. I think Goosen may make it to the end. He's not as likely to self destruct as Gore and he seems to be putting pretty well. It's just really great that Pinehurst has turned out to be a course that the pros can't walk all over and score 10 or 15 under par, so far.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast