+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2005 US Open Golf

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    I've played Bethpage Black, and it wasn't as difficult as i was expecting- of course it wasnt US Open conditions- the greens weren't stimping out at 13, the fairways werent shaved to 20y wide, and the rough wasnt 4 inches deep... and for $40- I'd take BB over Pebble any day of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty
    Bill you played Pebble, that's so cool. I hear that they've raised the green fees to 400 dollars so I guess I won't be playing there anytime in my lifetime I did play Poppy Hills when I was in Monterey though it's a pretty course but has no ocean views. Bethpage Black doesn't seem too enjoyable for the average player either.
    I was fortunate enough to play Pebble two weeks after Tiger destroyed the field in the US Open there.

It was expensive even in those days ($340 plus caddy, so figure $400 I spent on golf, plus gosh knows what buying stuff in the proshop), but wow, what a great experience. The approach shot on 8 over the canyon and crashing surf to the green is worth the price of admission alone.

I went in saying I wanted to birdie a hole, and I nearly eagled the first hole with my approach. I tapped in for birdie and was feeling pretty confident. It didn't take long to lose that feeling
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123