+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 US Open Golf

Looks very good for Goosen, and it is not like he doesn't know what it takes to win a US Open. Tiger is worst in the field in putting, despite being first in the field in greens in regulation. Really a weird combination.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Absent a charge from someone who is four or five back, I think Goosen will win it. He seems unflappable on the course. The crowd is really behind Gore which might bother someone else. I don't think it will have an effect on Retief at all. Three U.S. Open titles is pretty impressive.

I think the only guy who can catch him is Tiger. He needs to go low though, and with the winds up, it seems unlikely.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

and all of the sudden, Goosen is falling fast, and Tiger, who had looked horrible the first two holes is back on track. Still well behind though.

Wow, Goosen just dropped his fifth shot through the first 6 holes. Michael Campbell may win this by default.

Campbell is playing great, and is the only player at even or better (-1). Tiger has it to +1 and is looking like the Tiger of old, but with only four holes left, it could be too late.

Goosen is gone. He has fallen apart. I am shocked.

I love that Gore got Goosen to laugh by asking him if he wanted to bet $10 on the 16th tee so that they were playing for something. Michael Campbell was so clearly emotional over his win. I thought it was great.

Wow, that was one of the strangest last days of a tournament I've ever seen. I was really hoping that Tiger would pull it off but I'm very happy for Michael Campbell. I don't think I would enjoy playing Pinehurst.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Pinehurst #2 is the most annoying course I have ever seen. I have played Pebble Beach, I have walked Bethpage Black, and they don't hold a candle to it for sheer madness. It just isn't even fun. Fortunately, Pinehurst has several other courses that are just plain fun!

Bill you played Pebble, that's so cool. I hear that they've raised the green fees to 400 dollars so I guess I won't be playing there anytime in my lifetime I did play Poppy Hills when I was in Monterey though it's a pretty course but has no ocean views. Bethpage Black doesn't seem too enjoyable for the average player either.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast