+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poker Shows on TV

Poker Shows on TV

Wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to move it if I'm not in the right place--and I'm a little nervous as I've never ventured in the Sports forum before!

But I just wanted to tell folks that the Travel Channel has a new episode of "World Poker Tour" airing later at 9pm (I get a live East Coast feed, so I'll be watching it at 6), and we're just especially proud because our friend Dave made it to the final table and should be on the program tonight.

Here's the description:
    Cruisin' Mexico with Poker Party Million

It's a titanic payout as the World Poker Tour goes Cruisin' Mexico onboard a luxury liner, with a double millionaire night. High stakes action has this ship rockin' and rollin' as a boatload of poker talent set their course for the multi-million shootout.
    http://travel.discovery.com/schedule...12&channel=TRV
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Wow! How exciting! I watch and record every WPT, now I'm especially looking forward to it.

It's starting now! Hope you enjoy it, WomynLee, it's a $7 Million pay out...and best part about it being on a Mexican cruise ship? No taxes!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

WOW! He's the chip leader!

Regarding the taxes, really??? I think you are exempt up to $70,000, the rest is taxable but I'm not too sure. Interesting...

ETA: Paul Darden is a great player but I'm not familiar with the rest. I also just realized that this is a "limit" game.
    Last edited by WomynLee; 06-15-2005 at 09:16 PM.

Aw, geez. You know what, our friend, a different Dave, was at the final table but they're only showing the last six players. He actually bowed at 9th place, but still with a nice prize of $100,000.

The whole time I was rooting for the Colonel because of you!

Ninth place and $100,000 is very impressive! Too bad they didn't show the different tables leading up to the final table. Maybe we'll see your Dave on a future episode and at the final table. Congratulations to him.

Thanks for the kind words, WomynLee. We finally watched the whole show (we recorded it) and we do actually get to see a good amount of Dave in the tournament "flashbacks"--in fact, he's prominently displayed in the opening credits! Of course that means he's only recognizeable to us, but we're still proud of him regardless.

Hey, making it that far in a tourny with pros is very impressive. Plus the 100G's spend nice too.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread