+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The French Open

Quite disapointing to see Mary lose especially the way she did. She hit well, just out. The final score was 6-1, 6-1. She got quite emotional during the handing out of trophies. It was a tad annoying to have her speak in French, becuase I had no idea what she said, but hey, it's France and they need to. She did speak in English a little for the people in the states which was nice. Maybe she will have one more run to the finals. I found a picture of Mary from 1990 and it is quite funny how much she has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I found a picture of Mary from 1990 and it is quite funny how much she has changed.

awwwwww... I like that picture!

Anybody think Puerta stands a chance against Nadal today? after that stunnung win over Federer
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon
    Anybody think Puerta stands a chance against Nadal today? after that stunnung win over Federer
    Who knows? One of the things I like about the French Open is that you just cannot predict who will win. Either way, I like that someone will win who has never won it before. I like to see the "wealth" spread around a bit.

Also sad Mary didn't win, AIWANNABE. I sort of like it when the players speak French though. I remember how much the crowd loved it when Jim Courier made an effort to speek French when he won the second time. Yeah, I don't know much French either, but seriously - they all say the same thing anyway! They never break new ground with those speeches.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Spain's Virginia Ruano Pascual and Argentine Paola Suarez teamed up to win their fourth women's doubles title at the French Open on Sunday.

My favorite doubles team wins again! They just seem to connect like no other team.

I'm quite enjoying the men's final. Nadal seems to be on his way to victory after allowing himself to get psyched out by an injury timeout in the first set.

Nadal just beat Puerta 6-7(6) 6-3 6-1 7-5

Closer than I had expected...I thought Nadal was just gonna walk all over Puerta but Puerta put up a tough fight especially after winning the first set.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

I'm a big tennis fan since the Evert/Navratilova days. Thanks for the link AIW. I am a fan of Mary Pierce and Monica Seles. Mary will be back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456