+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Masters 2005

The Masters 2005

First good story of the week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...ine&id=2029858

Associated Press

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Jesper Parnevik brought a week's worth of his outrageous outfits to the Masters. And he made sure his wife, four children, nannies and friends were all accounted for.

But when he arrived at Augusta National, he realized he left something behind: his golf clubs.

"I flat out forgot them in the garage," Parnevik said Monday. "I don't know how you could go to Augusta and leave them in the garage, but I managed to do that.

"I will make history one way or another. I'm sure I'm the only one who's ever done that."

Parnevik pleaded chaos in his defense.

He had to lease two private planes to get his crew to Augusta. He wasn't in charge of loading the luggage, and a set of clubs did make the trip -- but they belonged to his business partner, Chris Rosen.

Only after a call to his neighbor in Jupiter, Fla., did the Swede confirm his clubs were still in the garage.

Parnevik called an old friend -- Tiger Woods -- to return a favor .

Woods was in Palm Beach County, and agreed to swing by Parnevik's house to pick up his clubs. He brought them Monday morning, and all was well in the zany world of Parnevik.

"I called him up and asked he could do it," Parnevik said. "After he laughed for about 10 minutes, he said, 'I'll do it.' Everything worked out."

Woods didn't even charge him a courier's fee.

Then again, Woods is still in debt, because it was the Parneviks who introduced him to his future wife, Elin Nordegren, once a nanny for the Parnevik kids.

"I still think I'm on the credit side with him," Parnevik said. "I have a few mishaps to go without being even."<
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

That's too funny. It's a good thing Tiger was close by. Although, I can't imagine having to lease 2 jets to get my family and stuff from Florida to Georgia.

This is my husbands favorite time of year....the beginning of baseball and the Masters. It's a good thing we both like to golf or it could be a very lonely weekend for me.

Incredibly bad luck for Tiger on day one. He hit a great shot on 13 to set up eagle, but the downhill was so fast his putt rolled off the green, down a hill, and into a water hazard. On another hole, he flew an approach shot that hit the flag stick, but then kicked off the green into a bunker.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Heh... that sounds like me playing PGA Tour 2005, Bill.

That's a funny story about Parnevik.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Incredibly bad luck for Tiger on day one. He hit a great shot on 13 to set up eagle, but the downhill was so fast his putt rolled off the green, down a hill, and into a water hazard. On another hole, he flew an approach shot that hit the flag stick, but then kicked off the green into a bunker.
    Thanks for the information Bill, I haven't been able to watch so I've been just looking at the scores on-line and wondering what's wrong with Tiger? I guess he's playing OK but just has to get through the bad luck without losing his mind.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

He finished round one this morning at 74 (+2).

He just started his second round. He needs to shoot a good score today, or all is lost (he may even miss the cut).

(he may even miss the cut).
    No way, that could never happen, never, impossible. I think there's a law in Georgia that if Tiger misses the cut in Masters that Vijay would have to go home in his place.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Oh I know, it is unthinkable to see Tiger miss a cut, but he just seems to have lost his spark he had early in the year. The weather mess has to be part of it, but I also think he just doesn't play enough tournaments any more.

Oh I know, it is unthinkable to see Tiger miss a cut, but he just seems to have lost his spark he had early in the year. The weather mess has to be part of it, but I also think he just doesn't play enough tournaments any more.
    Yep, I think it mostly has to do with the weather and not being able to get or stay in rhythm. But you're right that he doesn't play in enough Tournaments.

What is the cut for this? What place and better?

Go Weir and Ames btw (Canadians)!! Still in the hunt as of early this morning as I have yet to check the results today so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast