+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Masters 2005

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    DiMarco out-ironed Tiger, but as they say, ...putt for dough.

The ball falling at 16 was the most exciting shot I've seen (by a majors winner), and this match came that close to equaling Jack's last Masters win.

look out, Tiger got his confidence back.

Yeah, I have a feeling Tiger is not stopping with just one major this year.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I can't wait to watch it tonight. I had to TiVo it due to a dinner obligation. The shot on 16 must've been the roar I heard coming from the lounge area.

I did manage to catch the first 5 holes and Tiger looked like he had something to prove. His marriage, his swing change, his drought of majors, etc. Looks like he's ready to tear up the summer.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

That shot on 16 will go down as one of the most amazing shots of all time.

Wait till you see it Speedy, it wasn't a straight in chip at all.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    That shot on 16 will go down as one of the most amazing shots of all time.

Wait till you see it Speedy, it wasn't a straight in chip at all.
    In fact, right before he hit it the announcers said that they wouldn't be surprised if it ended up outside DiMarco's ball (which was about 20 feet from the hole).

An amazing late 4th round. Just amazing. DiMarco put up a great effort, but when he looks back, he's got to ask himself why he didn't go longer on the 18th both times. He had the backstop, to go at least 6-8 yards longer than the pin on the 18th, and both times he left it well short.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    given the timing, the circumstances and how the shot played out- Tiger's chip on 16 may have been one of the most incredible things i've ever seen in sports.

Dimarco's first shot coming up short is understandable- but you think he would have played longer the 2nd time... that being said both approaches were within a foot or two of staying on the correct level and leaving himself makeable putts. given the contours and speed of those greens, there is very little room for error at Augusta.

Whew! Tiger you just had to go and make it exciting and almost give my poor dad a heart attack. (Of course I had no doubt he would win ) I'll tell you what, DiMarco has no quit in him, after that chip in on 16 most guys would have packed it in.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by John
    An amazing late 4th round. Just amazing. DiMarco put up a great effort, but when he looks back, he's got to ask himself why he didn't go longer on the 18th both times. He had the backstop, to go at least 6-8 yards longer than the pin on the 18th, and both times he left it well short.
    My only guess is that he must have felt that he mishit the first shot and that if he hit the second correctly it would have been pin high. But I think he definitely should have used more club to guard against a mishit. Like you said if he went long there's the backstop behind the hole.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234