+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Masters 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo
    What is the cut for this? What place and better?

Go Weir and Ames btw (Canadians)!! Still in the hunt as of early this morning as I have yet to check the results today so far.
    I know it's the top 40 and ties after 36 holes and I believe if you're within 10 strokes of the leader you also make the cut. BTW I'm also a huge Mike Weir fan.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

On the bright side, Tiger's swing looks 100% better since the last rain delay ended.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

And now the news that play the rest of the day is cancelled.

It has been a crappy weather season for the PGA this year.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

I was telling a friend at work earlier this week that this has been the worse golf season I've ever experienced. I don't think that even the year of El Nino was this bad.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    On the bright side, Tiger's swing looks 100% better since the last rain delay ended.
    I don't consider that good news I am hoping for Mike Weir to pull out a win again or an underdog, gotta love the underdog.

I like Weir, he is a good golfer and seems like quite the family guy. He has as many problems as Tiger right now though.

Ernie Els was probably thankful for the halt in play, as he was slipping badly, now down to +3

The third round is about to start with Chris DeMarco at -10 and four strokes ahead of second place. Tiger really pulled it together this morning. With a second round 66 he's at -4 and in solo third. This should be fun.

66 was best round of the tournament so far. I'd say he is back.

DiMarco traditionally plays extremely well at Augusta, so I am not ruling him out. Remember, he was in the final group with Mickelson last year, and some would say he intentially hit his bunker shot on 18 too far, so he could show the line of the putt that won it for Phil.

Well, I hope DiMarco can pull it off. Not only because I'm not a fan of Woods but he started and has stayed great the whole time. He might even get the consecutive bogey-free hole record there with 51. He's at 43 or 44 now depending on what hole he left on when the 3rd round was called. Also Weir has done great during the 3rd round, I think he was at -4 for the round and -3 for the tourney so far.

Tiger was -11 overall for the day. He looks really good right now, and he has DiMarco in his pairing for tomorrow. Should be fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast