+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrestlemania XXI

Wrestlemania XXI

YES!!!! This was by far one of the best Wrestlemanias I've ever seen. The evening opened with Eddie Guerrero Vs. Rey Mysterio, JR. It was great! After 2 failed attempts at the 619, Rey finally won the match by putting Eddie in an inside cradle and pinning him for the 1-2-3.
    Next match was the "Money In The Bank" match. For those who haven't been keeping tabs, Y2J suggested to Eric last month that they do a number 1 contenders match for the World Heavyweight title. Eric went one further and brought Y2J, Chris Benoit, Edge, Christian, and Shelton Benjamin into his office. He announced that at Wrestlemania, all 5 of them plus a surprise 6th person would be involved in a "Money In The Bank" match. He explained that it would be a ladder match and that suspended above the ring would be a briefcase. In that briefcase is a contract for a World Heavyweight Title match good for one year. Whoever can climb the ladder and get that briefcase has a Heavyweight title shot and can choose when to have the match. He could have the match the night after wrestlemania or he could decide to wait a year and have it at next year's wrestlemania. Or anytime in between. He then reveals the 6th man. It's Kane.
    So now it's time for the match last night. The 6 men are ripping each other apart. It's a grueling match, especially for Benoit who opens up the stitches over his eye by getting his face slammed into the steel ring post. After several men attempted many times to get to the case, Benoit knocks down Christian. Benoit then does the unthinkable. He sets up the ladder next to the ropes. He climbs to the top of the ladder and does a flying headbutt. He climbs the ladder but Edge (who's been outside for a while) climbs back in the ring and knocks him down. He makes his way to the top of the ladder and unleashes the briefcase winning the match! (YES!!!!)
    In the Sumo match, Akebono beat Big Show and Big Show raised Akebono's hand in victory.
    After a twist of fate (that Trish kicked out of), Trish Status beat Christy Hemme retaining her belt. (Boo!)
    Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle had a very grueling match. After a lengthy beating, Kurt Angle put the 4th ankle lock on HBK. HBK tried 3 times to turn it around but was unsucessful. He tried to crawl to the ropes but in the end, the pain was too much and "Mr. Wrestlemania" tapped out giving Angle the victory. (Boo!)
    Undertaker came to the ring in dramatic fashion by seemingly floating to the ring. Randy Orton came out and their match began. After 2 failed tombstone attempts, Randy finally got an RKO on Taker. But Taker would kick out of the 3 count and the match was still on. Randy's father Bob Orton came out and tried to interfere but it only made Taker more angry. Taker got one final tombstone on Orton and pinned him for the 1-2-3.
    Eugene showed up and was just talking about midgets (don't remember exactly what he was saying). He was interrupted by Hassan and Davari who proceeded to kick the crap out of Eugene. The massacre was halted in dramatic fashion, however, when none other than Hulk Hogan came to the ring and chased the 2 men out of the ring.
    Piper's Pit was interesting. Piper said that everything they were saying about Stone Cold (the meanest, the "low-downest"...etc) was bull----. He called out Stone Cold and the Pit began with a slap. Piper slapped Stone Cold and said "Welcome to the Pit". Stone Cold said "Thanks for having me you son-of-a-*****" and slapped Piper. The two men shared words back and forth and were interrupted by Carlito. Carlito told both men to leave the ring. Piper took Carlito's apple, bit into it and spit in Carlito's face. Stone Cold stood back laughing while Piper beat the crap out of Carlito. Stone Cold then joined in the fray tossing Carlito out of the ring. He did his signiture "catch the beer cans" and gave a few to Piper (who, based on the way he was talking before had already had 1 too many drinks before he came out to the ring). After several beers, Stone Cold stunnered Piper and left the ring.
    John Cena beat JBL for the title (YES!!!)
    Now it's time for the HHH Vs. Batista match. I don't remember how, but HHH ended up very bloody. After several failed intereferance attempts by Flair, Batista finally got the Batista Bomb on HHH. He ended up winning the match and getting the title away from HHH. (YES!!!)
    So, what will tonight bring? Will Edge want a match with Batista tonight? Or will he wait? What mood will HHH be in and is this a sign of things to come for what's left of Evolution? Is it only a matter of time before Flair turns his back on HHH and breaks up Evolution forever?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I was there!!!!!!!

It was so great! I had so much fun and the crowd was so energetic. The things that happened when the camera was off was what made the fans feel real special.

lucky!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Micheals/Angle best match by far.

+ Reply to Thread