+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball Game

FORT Fantasy Baseball Game

We had a great season last year, and are now looking for 16 brave and hearty souls to compete this season for the championship.

The rules are straight forward, you draft a team of real life baseball players and their stats count toward you compiling better numbers than the other folks. You can add and drop players to the free agent pool, trade with other teams, mock your competition, and if all goes well, win it all!

One change this year. Instead of an automatic draft, I have scheduled us for a live draft on April 3rd, Noon pacific.

The league is free, and it is on Yahoo. If you are a FORT member and interested in playing, send me a PM, and I will send you the password to our private league.

Good Luck!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I'll do it!

How exactly does the live draft work Bill? I've only ever done autodraft leagues before. Also, I'm a little worried about how long it will take. (It is the day of the NCAA tournament semi-finals.) In my fantasy world, I'll be watching the Huskies shock everyone and upset Illinois that afternoon.

Ilikai's Junkheap is born, now to ace the draft and have a good start this year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    How exactly does the live draft work Bill? I've only ever done autodraft leagues before. Also, I'm a little worried about how long it will take. (It is the day of the NCAA tournament semi-finals.) In my fantasy world, I'll be watching the Huskies shock everyone and upset Illinois that afternoon.
    Well drafts don't take as long as auctions, and you can always prerank your players (Yahoo has a nice tool for it) so you don't even have to be there, or you can stay only until you get some of the stars you want and let the autodraft pick up the rest of your roster. The whole thing can take 3-4 hours depending on how long folks take to pick.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Well drafts don't take as long as auctions, and you can always prerank your players (Yahoo has a nice tool for it) so you don't even have to be there, or you can stay only until you get some of the stars you want and let the autodraft pick up the rest of your roster. The whole thing can take 3-4 hours depending on how long folks take to pick.
    Thanks Bill. In that case, I'm in.

I was going to do this but that is the exact time of another draft. If it get down to the wire, and you don't have 16, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Have fun!

This waiting is dddddrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaggggggggg gggiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnng ggggggggg on!!!! Is it April 3rd yet?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

We have 6 spots still available people!!!

I love how excited you are about this, Ili.

And yeah - come one, come all! Or at least six more of you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast