+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball Game

no computer for two weeks and I slid to the bottom of the pile. Oh well, guess I may as well get comfy since I was here last year too.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ili!!! I was wondering how it would affect your game. Glad to see you back!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

So, let me get this straight. Yesterday, Alex Rodriguez goes 5 for 6, with 5 runs, 2 HRs and 6 RBIs. Shea Hillenbrand - my new mostest favoritest person on the planet - goes 4 for 4. A pretty freaking nice day, yes? And I gain ONE point? ONE?

Guess it might've helped if I didn't forget to play Clemens. But not really, since he didn't get the W anyway.

My team sucks like John's new $600 vacuum cleaner.

ETA: Oh yeah, and I had two other guys go 3/5. Unbelievable.

We should do a keeper league at some point. But not with this year's roster, since I stacked mine with a bunch of old men.

keeper league? Is that where you pick roster and then make no changes?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

A keeper league is one where, over the course of however many years, some of your players remain on your team. How many are kept from season to season depends on the league, and it rewards people for spotting young talent. The payoff may not occur until 3 years down the line, and the owner has to weigh that when making his/her picks.

I don't think we could actually do one in this sort of a setting, though. The ones I've been involved in were all groups of real-life, long-term friends or acquaintances. I personally like them a lot better, because I feel somehow more invested in my team, but...yeah.

keeper leagues are cool, especially if you use a auction format.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

OK. So I finally bought the Statracker (sp?). I feel so much more in touch now.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    One of these days- probably when my players start hitting... i'll buy the stat tracker!

Just call me Giacomo, just off the pace at the quarter mile furlong- but i have the goods to be there at the end...

Long ways to go, but I look at my team right now and think "glue factory" for the lot of you.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill

Long ways to go, but I look at my team right now and think "glue factory" for the lot of you.
    Yeah. I'm not opposed to a keeper league, but I don't want to keep my current hitters.

+ Reply to Thread