+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball Game

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    No, it ain't me. Somehow I never got the password, so I'm not in.
    I didn't get a PM from you Leo asking for the password.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Leo
    Premium Member
    Damn, I knew I forgot to do something... never mind, it's too late now.

Bummer. Sorry you missed out Leo. The live draft was a lot of fun today.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Yo, Mr. Commissioner, I was looking through the scoring categories for this season, and it appears "Hits" have been replaced with "Average."

Is that intentional? Because it could certainly make a difference.

I went with the default categories for scoring. It looks like the three usual rate base categories are there (avg, era, and whip). I will check it again.

I double checked it, we are using the traditional 5x5 scoring system this year.

What that means is that your team's position in each category gives you ranking (and points). For example, we have 13 teams in the league. If you currently have more HR's than any other team, you get 13 points in that category. The total number of category points is your team score.

This system compiles everyday, and the points are assigned. Early in the year, expect to go up and down a lot. Down the road though it awards those who build a balanced team. As an example, you can get a bunch of sluggers, but with no stolen bases, then you would be hurting for points in a category. Or, you could have a lot of low ERA relievers, but you might be weak in wins and k's. The traditional approach works better than the Yahoo point system that rewards you for excess in any given category by continuing to award points even if you are way ahead in HR's or some other single category.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i wish i could have joined yous guys at the draft- something came up... however i am estatic with my auto draft results... 4 OF picks right off the bat- a bit much- but thats how i ranked em!

I think Hazy all taught us last year that balance is key... his lineup didnt look that great- but yet he ran away with the league! having too many pitchers or too many hitters isnt necessarily a good thing... remember that stolen bases- though not as glamorous is just as important as wins or home runs

that being said there are two certain somebody's that are pitching heavy and would certainly love to own one of my 10- yes 10- quality outfielders on my lineup!

i'm working on draft grades... and the fantasy gods owe me huge for the buzzards luck i am having everywhere else!!
    Last edited by QuinntheEskimo; 04-04-2005 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    that being said there are two certain somebody's that are pitching heavy and would certainly love to own one of my 10- yes 10- quality outfielders on my lineup!
    Wrong. Nine. After the trade goes through, at least.

Unless of course you actually had 11, in which case, Jesus. That's a lot of outfielders.

I'm totally buying the live update stat tracker thingie this year. I hate waiting until 3 in the morning for updates.

Yeah, I like live update too.

Made my first doofus move of the year when I forgot to insert Dmitri Young into the lineup for a vacant 1B. He has 2 HR's so far today.

Hm, I have more pitchers than I thought I did. I picked a few then put it up to the computer.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread