+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT NCAA Tourney Challenge

I'm in - can't wait until Thursday
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I've made my picks. Now I'm just going to have to resist the urge to change them six times before Thursday.

Ok...since I'm from Lexington, Kentucky (Wildcat Country) you know I'm in! Tee it up...and here we go!
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I am in, and I personally guarentee that my five star picks, including my pick of the year, are all winners. Why just last week we went 172-0, so call my 976 tip line now!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I've made my picks. Now I'm just going to have to resist the urge to change them six times before Thursday.

Only 6 times?? I'm already on 6 changes!! But my winner has stayed the same!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Only 6 times?? I'm already on 6 changes!! But my winner has stayed the same!
    Channeling Bill's psychic abilities, I'm going to predict that your winner's name starts with an I and ends with an S.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Hey! Can you guys help me with some "real people" (not sports commentator's) picks??? I'm in my tourney at work and I won last year with a friend's help. That friend is on vacation right now and can't discuss this with me. Any info you could throw my way by Thursday midday would be much appreciated. I'm a hockey fan in desperate need of a "gambling" fix!!!!

I know next to nothing about college hoops, but I have picked Syracuse as my favorite. I like fast teams over heavy-defense teams, and would rather pick the favorite in a favorite/major underdog situation. Other than that, I'm a clean slate!!!

Could does not mean should

Veronica,
    A No. 1 seed has never lost in the first round. At least one 12 seed always beats a 5. Boston College has been in a slump lately. So has Kansas. Arizona could go to the Final Four or lose in the first round. Illinois has been the consensus overall number one for awhile. Wake Forest is hot. Those are things I can think of off the top of my head.

The 12-5 upset does happen a lot, some of that I think is how the bracket building is done. Many times the 12 is either the last team in, who is very hot, or a small conference champ who is a lot better than folks think.

This year we have:

Michigan St vs. Old Dominion. I am guessing no upset there.

New Mexico vs. Villanova. Now this is interesting. Villanova is a media darling lately, but New Mexico is a senior team, and quite good. Very much under the radar. If I was still in Vegas this week, I would put money on the Lobos. Probably good odds.

Alabama vs. UW Milwaukee. Gotta say Alabama.

Georgia Tech vs. George Washington. A lot of pundits predicting the upset here.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I make picks based on how funny I think the team name is. I'm not kidding. Gonzaga always wins in my world.

+ Reply to Thread