+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FORT NCAA Tourney Challenge

What a weekend. I'm back home and intermittently my cable comes back in so I get to see some of the coverage. Louisville is kicking some ass. I'm already getting hyped about next Thursday's Louisville/Washington game.

I love watching the games, but I am getting real sick of the promos for CBS's shark attack movie.

I will be rooting for the sharks.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill. I'm just so glad the movie is tonight so we'll be spared any more ads for it next week.

Louisville and Washington is going to be the game! It'll probably be the best game of the 3rd round. I have Louisville by just a couple of points.

Good thing we're not playing for money - two of the regions are entirely gone for me! There were some pretty good games this weekend, especially West Virginia - Wake Forest and UW-Milwaukee - BC.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Hello, hoops-minded FORTers! I think I'm actually doing okay. I'm tied at 40 points with another coworker, and one guy has 41, so far the top dude has 42... I'm told (but I forgot already!) that if two things happen, I've won. One of them has to do with Illinois winning. The other has to do with Louisville. I'll have to ask again what it is that I'm hoping for/against!

Anywhoozit, just wanted to let all you helpful peeps know that I've got only one Final Four contender out, unfortunately, I also picked that team (Syracuse) to go to the finalfinals. Oooops.

Thanks again.
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Gonzaga is up by eight with 1:25 to go in the first half. Is it wrong that I take so much pleasure in the thought of watching Bobby Knight lose?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no! We should start a club - sometimes I pick against his team only because I want to see them lose. Unfortunately, I also went out on a limb and picked the 'Zags to go to the Final Four (ok, Final 2) because I thought just maybe it was their year. Oh well for that! I never said my picks were scientific...heh.

I'll just be glad to be able to watch the games this weekend. My mom was in town from Thursday night until Monday night and every time I mentioned "the games", I got an eye-roll from her. The only watching I did was Southern Illinois play while we ate lunch at the Yard House. That's seriously all I got to see in four days of games. So unless ya'll are calling to talk hoops, don't ring me this weekend, k?
    Last edited by G.G.; 03-23-2005 at 04:27 PM.

Should be some great games tonight. Washington/Louisville and Arizona/Oklahoma State especially.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I was a day late to sign up for this. I came on last Thursday, the day everything started, and so I couldn't sign up. I'm still following of course, and rooting for my team hard.
    GO OKLAHOMA STATE!

WooHoo The 'Ville is rolling into the Elite Eight! Just think what our team would have been like with Donta Smith (Atlanta Hawks),Sebastian Telfair (Portland Trailblazers) and Brian Johnson (out all year with bad knee). Oh well, we don't have them and we don't need them. Bring on West Virginia. After their football team had the NERVE to say that UofL would "ruin" Big East football, I'd love to see the Cards beat them by 20...or 30..or more if possible.

+ Reply to Thread