+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Randy Moss traded to Oakland?

Randy Moss traded to Oakland?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1998159

According to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Wednesday, Minnesota will trade the receiver to the Oakland Raiders for linebacker Napoleon Harris, the seventh overall pick in the upcoming draft and a 2005 late-round pick. According to NFL rules, trades can be worked out but not announced until next month.

"Nothing is official until March 2," Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, told the Pioneer Press. "But don't be surprised if Randy is wearing the Silver and Black this upcoming season."

"We've had some discussions with them (the Raiders), but there is nothing to announce," Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski told the Pioneer Press.

Once Moss leaves Minnesota, the Vikings' top receiver will be Nate Burleson. Former Steeler Plaxico Burress is the cream of the free-agent crop, but the Vikings could also snare a potential salary-cap casualty such as Isaac Bruce, Muhsin Muhammad or Derrick Mason. The draft also has two promising players -- Michigan's Braylon Edwards and USC's Mike Williams.

"In speaking with Moss, although he has a lot of ties to Minnesota and did not particularly want to be traded, he's very excited with the possibility of playing for Al Davis and being a part of the Raider tradition," DiTrapano told the Pioneer Press. "The Raiders have vowed to use Randy's talents the way they should be used, and that's to throw the ball vertically down the field.

"Randy's desire to win a Super Bowl is enhanced with a move to a team like the Raiders, because the Minnesota Vikings seem to be in a constant rebuilding mode," he said.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

JR.
    Didn't they just re-sign Jerry Porter?

I thought they did too.

I think if true, this is a pretty crappy trade for the Vikes. The 7th pick this year is in a weak draft.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Although looking at Kiper's list, it seems Mike Williams formerly of USC would be available at #7, and he would be a good sub if they wanted to go that route.

JR.
    Well, they need help at D-line, they don't have much of a pass rush. I've heard there are supposed to be quite a few good D-ends this year.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I am extremely disappointed. I think the Vikings are making a huge mistake. I will miss Randy Moss. This is depressing!

+ Reply to Thread