+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennis

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar

Tennis

I know we (the tennis fans ) always get together for the GrandSlams but in between I still do watch the small ATP tournaments.

So do you want updates? I do watch it because I'm trailing my favourite player (Juan Carlos Ferrero).

Or we could throw in new tidbits about the players. Yes, I adore tennis greatly.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Sounds like a plan unexplained. I don't watch that many of the smaller tournaments these days, but I look forward to your updates.

Just you and Mariner.. in this lonely, lonely thread. That's okay. I called some guys over.

The guy appears perplexed at the Johanssons.

Now on is the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament, in Rotterdam Netherlands.
    The Quarters include

Thomas Johansson (Swe) – Radek Stepanek (Cze)
    Ivan Ljubicic (Cro) – Paradorn Srichaphan (Tha)

Roger Federer (Sui) – Nikolay Davydenko (Rus)
    Tim Henman (Gbr) - Mario Ancic (Cro)
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Every time I see Paradorn's name, I can't help smiling. It's just such a great name.

So Clijsters got beat up by a Williams in her first tournament back. I guess that's not unexpected.

I didn't know that Clijsters is back.

Anyway, the three concurring tournaments:

In Brasil Open,

In what was the second all-countrymen final of 2005 after Buenos Aires (Gaudio d. Puerta), Nadal was 6-0, 4-0 up but needed a third set to close the match 6-0. 6-7(2), 6-1 in two hours and six minutes
    Rotterdam
    Croatian Ivan Ljubicic will have another crack at capturing his first ATP title of 2005 on Sunday at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam. Ljubicic defeated Swede Thomas Johansson 7-6(4), 7-5 in Saturday's first semifinal. The Croat's task will not get any easier in the next round however, as he faces World No. 1 Roger Federer, a 7-5, 6-3 winner over Mario Ancic. Sunday's final will be a re-match of the Doha final earlier this year, which Federer won in straight sets.
    Memphis Semis
    Andy Roddick - Kenneth Carlsen

Tommy Haas - Max Mirnyi

Ugh. I feel so out of touch. I was a huge tennis freak in high school. I can even pretend that I was the number one girl on the high school team, (only because the real number one player dislocated her kneecap during practice one day ) I played a bit in college and watched a little on TV back in the day. Now I don't even know who any of these people are. *feeling old* Um...they are kind of cute though.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

The worst part Zhora is that they are so darn young. Nadal (the guy in the blue shirt above) is 18. He is awfully cute though.

So...He's legal then?!? Whew!
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Yes, yes he is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast