+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 MLB Season

2005 MLB Season

I know it's a little early, but I'm ready for baseball to start!

I actually feel pretty good about the Giants. They got an actual closer, improved their defense, and have a young, solid starting rotation. The outfield may be older than the planet, but I can deal with that.

Any opinions and/or predictions for your favorite teams?

Bless you Sleepy! I'm ready too. I already have three pocket schedules. Opening day is April 4 2:05 local time. Whoo hoo! I'm guessing that if the pitching is as good as an optimist can expect, the M's will win 85-90 games. Unfortunately, I think the California Angels of Los Angeles and formerly of Anaheim (or whatever in the hell their name is) will win the division.

Well I'm excited mostly but I wish I had a better home team. Perhaps soon the Rockies will get a manager who is willing to SPEND some money. Grr... Though I have high hopes for the Yankees this year. Being one of a select few Boston and Yankee fan, the Yankees have a much better team this year and I hope they can amke it to the top

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm ready, but I'm also already annoyed that greed once again plagues MLB. As an attendee of NYY opening day every single year (except one) in the past 14 years, MLB in their infinite wisdom opens the season with BOS vs. NYY - the Sunday Night game. I know, ratings bonanza. But, NYY opening day sells out every single year regardless of who they play, but with the BOS fans in the mix of trying to get tickets, plus the high demand for the ticket due to the matchup, normal, ordinary Yankee fans were totally shut out of getting opening day seats. Scalpers everywhere are thrilled. At least it's the ESPN game not the FOX game so I don't have to watch all the idiots from all the FOX shows in the seats I should be sitting in

Yup, I could go to the Tuesday game. But it's NOT opening day. It's game 2 and that's not the same. And it irks me.

Last I checked on ebay, there are 8 tickets in TIER RESERVED going for $1400. No thanks. I'll have a party at home and watch.

BUT....putting my obvious bitterness with that situation aside, because I'll get over it we (hubby and I) are huge baseball fans and look forward to another year of baseball. PLAY BALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    NYY opening day sells out every single year regardless of who they play, but with the BOS fans in the mix of trying to get tickets, plus the high demand for the ticket due to the matchup, normal, ordinary Yankee fans were totally shut out of getting opening day seats. Scalpers everywhere are thrilled.
    It's the same thing here with the Giants and Dodgers. TPTB didn't even bother putting any Opening Day tickets on sale to the public. It doesn't really make a difference to me since I won't be able to even listen to the game, let alone go, but it still stinks.

While I am mostly thinking College Hoops right now, the thought of Spring and Baseball coming soon is nice. I am a die hard Cubs fan, but I am very wary of the upcoming season. I feel better NOT having expectations, because, as a cubs fan, expectations typically lead to disappointment. I don't think they have gotten a solid closer yet--and their bullpen is a MAJOR hole.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

IMO, although baseball doesn't nearly compare to the NFL or NBA, I still follow it. I'll never have respect for the game until they clear up this steroid scandal and get a salary cap. What is everyone's thoughts on steroids in baseball?

Anyways, I've been a huge Cardinals fan since the 80's. The Cards let a lot of guys walk away this offseason. I think losing Matheny (a perennial Gold Glover) will hurt the most. I'll take Mark Mulder though. Ankiel is slated to be the #5 SP? oy veh.

I'm a huge baseball fan! I can't wait for this season to start, go Redsox!! However, I'm not confident in the Redsox this year, especially the pitching staff. We got rid of Pedro, and in return we got some guy in his mid 40's!! We got rid of some good players like Cabrera, who i think is awesome! ahh, I'm just glad we won the World Series last year

I think the Red Sox will be incredibly happy with their upgrade at SS to Renteria.

Consider these Three Year Averages:

Player A: .303 AVG, 11HR, 85 RBI, 24SB's and 2 Gold Gloves
    Player B: .301 AVG, 17HR, 68 RBI, 22SB's and 0 Gold Gloves

Players A and B look pretty compatible offensively, and while gold gloves are hardly the best indicator, there is likely no GM in baseball today (save one, who also agreed to strike the steriod terms from one of his players contracts) who would claim Player B is a better fielder than A.

Player A is Renteria. Anyone care to guess who the much more publicized wonder boy occupying player B status is?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I'll take Derek Jeter for $100, Bill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast