+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 MLB Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Mariano Rivera boo'd off the mound in Yankee Stadium this afternoon after blowing his second save in two days. Not just little boos either, I was tuned to MLB Extra Innings and the Yankee announcers commented on it.
    Yep Bill it was amazing to hear him get booed. (I'm working at home with Extra Innings on in the background.) It wasn't just a few scattered boos either. He looked really lost out there. Couple that with the homer he gave up to Varitek yesterday and the Yankees have to be worried.

JR.
    Mariano Rivera boo'd off the mound in Yankee Stadium this afternoon after blowing his second save in two days.
    Not just that, he's blown his last 4 against the Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Couple that with the homer he gave up to Varitek yesterday and the Yankees have to be worried.
    Have you not heard of lulling people into a false sense of security????

Okay, that's a lie. As long as they keep blowing it to my fantasy players, though, my loyalties are flexible.

Amanda. Looks like the Indians are about to shut out the White Sox 2-0.

ETA: Nevermind. The White Sox rallied in the bottom of the ninth to win 4-3. Bob Wickman failed to get even a single out. Now that's what you want in a closer.
    Last edited by Mariner; 04-06-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Woot! Varitek just hit a game tying homer off Rivera in the top of the ninth.

P.S. The Red Sox better pull this out now because it cost me a fantasy baseball win.

Aargh. *^*&*^^ Derek Jeter.

Looks like Boston was ticked about the homer yesterday and had to go for Jeter's head. Nice. :rolleyes

Hello fellow baseball fans, the Anaheim Angels are in the FORT house I am a huge baseball fan, Angels fan all the way. I'm a fan of all the Angel guys but Guerrero is my clear favorite (if I HAVE to pick one... :-)). I'm new to this thread, although I peeked in here a lot last year, perhaps I'll be a bit more active in here this year

Cheers everyone, win or lose, I hope everyone will have a fun baseball season. =)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan

Looks like Boston was ticked about the homer yesterday and had to go for Jeter's head. Nice. :rolleyes
    Timlin wasn't throwing at Jeter. I was watching the game, and the guy was all over the place. He walked two batters that inning as well.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Timlin wasn't throwing at Jeter. I was watching the game, and the guy was all over the place. He walked two batters that inning as well.
    Plus, Jeter has a habit of lunging over the plate looking for an outside pitch. It makes it almost impossible for him to get out of the way of an inside fastball. I was glad to hear that his CAT scan was normal and he was released from the hospital.

I know. I was kidding.

Even if a guy "lunges" over the plate, a pitch has to be way off for it to nail a guy in the head. But I was glad to see he was okay, too. o,He's off to great start, unlike last season!

Hi....I'm new to this thread.
    BIG GIANTS FAN!! GO GIANTS!!

Hopefully my fantasy team will do good this year. It's my first time in a private league.
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

+ Reply to Thread