+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2005 MLB Season

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    9th inning of the Astros-Cubs game and Phillie fans need a miracle (2 runs)...
    The Phillies made a heluva run playing in the toughest division in baseball... wish we had the Astros' schedule... but alas that 3 game sweep by Houston where our reliever blew all three games might be the difference...

LETS GO CUBBIES... pull it thru for my boys

Ahh but Quinn, relying on the Cubs to save you is the downfall of many a baseball fan
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I'm glad that this season is over. It wasn't fun watching the Giants record their first losing season since 1996 (although I must say it was a good run), with or without that Bonds guy. I personally disagree with the pundits who say that he was the reason why they did so poorly this season. He can't pitch, and the key problems were the starting pitchers not being able to go deep into games and the bullpen as a whole.

While I'm ranting, I'd like to say that I am so sick of everything Yankees and Red Sox. (No offense to fans of those teams here). I really hope either the Angels or White Sox (or both) can advance.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Ahh but Quinn, relying on the Cubs to save you is the downfall of many a baseball fan
    i wasnt holding my breath or anything...
    9th inning- Cubs down 2- Cubs on 2nd and 3rd- 2 outs, hard line drive- yaaaah... right at the 2b- game over, thx for playing see you in April.

how can a 162 game schedule come down to one batter in the 9th inning- 2000 miles away- sooo cruel!

Wow, the White Sox are beating the crap out of the Red Sox.

While I'm ranting, I'd like to say that I am so sick of everything Yankees and Red Sox. (No offense to fans of those teams here). I really hope either the Angels or White Sox (or both) can advance.
    I'm fairly sure the Angels will go to the series. Anybody but either of the Sox, as far as I'm concerned.

In the NL, I'll pulling for the Astros, but it should be all Cardinals. The great thing about October is that anything can happen, anyone can win - whoever the hot team is in the next couple of weeks will do it!

I think it'll be a good post-season, though; no clear-cut favorites (aside from St. Louis, maybe).

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

The Astros won the first game. It would be huge for them to win a playoff series.

I'd love for the Astros to win the NL. I'm a huge Andy Pettitte fan; love him.

So much for the defending champs, huh?

+ Reply to Thread