+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2005 MLB Season

The A's suck right now. Badly.

Indeed, but it sucks to be a Cubs fan. Prior's MRI shows his elbow was fractured today.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Yep, another season where DL is the most common term used for the cubbies. My roommate keeps saying "Not only has the curse not been broken, now it's laughing at us".

However, the Cubs have won 5 in a row. LaTroy Hawkins is gone, and Dempster has converted his last 6 save attempts--although each one has had some tension(as in beaning the first batter in the head last night)
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

The Hawkins thing baffles me. In terms of skill, demonstrated skill at that, he was far better than anyone in the Cubs pen, and not by a small amount either. Yet, he didn't have the guile that Dempster has, and frankly, Dempster is a mediocre pitcher at best. It is really bizzare.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I think Dempster will grow into the role. I'm not positive, but I believe he was brought up as a starter, and has defaulted into the closer role. Yeah, I've seen Hawkins pitch live, and it seems like he has the stuff physically, but mentally, he just can't seem to get guys out. He is just not a closer. Set up man, yes(and even there he has been struggling), closer, no way.

I just had to point out with a laugh....Hawkins, 1 inning pitched last night, 4 earned runs, gets the loss for the Giants.

Derrick Lee is THE MAN! (knocking loudly on wood)

There's one prerequisite for being a Giants reliever: you must suck at your job. If you somehow can do the job, you will get hurt and be out for the rest of the season. Hawkins definitely fits the former. They gave up two young pitchers for this guy.

Okay, this made me laugh.

Randy must be so proud.

Well the Cards finally won two games against the Redsox, too bad its six damn months to late!!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

The Giants are an unbelievable disappointment this season. They've lost in every possible way.

And yet I keep watching them. For I am a dedicated fan no matter what.

That is all.

+ Reply to Thread